Gransnet forums

Food

What sweet treat do you look forward to the most?

(154 Posts)
BrandyGran Fri 13-Nov-20 15:02:38

My all time favourite treat is a Tunnocks caramel wafer biscuit! Oh the lovely chocolate and chewy sensation of the wafer inside -heavenly!

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 13-Nov-20 17:00:21

Fry’s chocolate cream or chocolate fudge or plain Bounty or my homemade lemon and raspberry ice cream.

Spinnaker Fri 13-Nov-20 17:07:45

Dark chocolate whole cherry liqueur chocs - especially at Christmas. Failing that then it has to be plain Bounty, Fry's Turkish Delight or Crunchier smile

Spinnaker Fri 13-Nov-20 17:08:27

Crunchie !

Judy54 Fri 13-Nov-20 17:15:23

chocolate eclairs filled with fresh cream!

FannyCornforth Fri 13-Nov-20 17:16:06

I don't really have a sweet tooth as such, but when I do, it has to be a heavenly amalgam of dairy and carbohydrates (as are all my 'culinary' preferences).
Eg cream cakes in all their infinite variety; cheese cake; bread and butter pudding (drool) etc.

TwiceAsNice Fri 13-Nov-20 17:20:03

Fruit cake and the orange creams out of the quality street , florentines, and a scone with clotted cream and apricot jam

Lexisgranny Fri 13-Nov-20 17:37:17

Any Danish pastry, Eccles cakes, fruit cake, and either salted caramel or rum and raisin chocolate.....I have put on two pounds just thinking about it!

Nortsat Fri 13-Nov-20 17:41:05

Belgian chocolates.
Turkish delight from Turkey.
Or this cappuccino served with a warm croissant, in a harbour side cafe in Honfleur, Normandy.

Kamiso Fri 13-Nov-20 17:43:52

Portuguese tarts from Lidl are my current favourite. Love the flaky pastry combined with custard. Best bought earlier in the day though. OH commented last night that they haven’t had pistachio ice cream for a while.

EllanVannin Fri 13-Nov-20 17:48:01

Pavlova, especially the Aussie ones which are piled high with fresh fruits. They're a work of art too.

Blossoming Fri 13-Nov-20 17:49:13

It’s terrible Kamiso, I am having to settle for salted caramel instead!

Calendargirl Fri 13-Nov-20 17:57:08

I like the QS green triangles, never many in a tin, not like the toffees and fudge, heaps of them.

Any dark chocolate.

My late MIL’s chocolate cake, dense, dark, not too sweet, lovely chocolate glacé icing on top. Never tasted another one as good.

biba70 Fri 13-Nov-20 18:03:35

Has to be dark, 70%, and real proper chocolate- not the palm oil sugar mix. Lindt 70% with touch of salt- amazing.

cupaffull Fri 13-Nov-20 18:17:26

Fennel

Cadbury's Milk Wholenut Chocolate.

Did just wonder, has nobody noticed the oily taste/slimyness of the chocolate now marketed by Mondelez International ....

Milka, Côte d'Or, Toblerone, Cadbury, Green & Black's, Freia, Marabou, Fry's.
Gone are the days of high cocoa butter and creamy milk, now replaced by palm oil and vegetable fats.
Corporate greed reconciling costs. Showing my age now sad

NannyJan53 Fri 13-Nov-20 18:20:16

Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles, a close second a Chunky Kit Kat Bar.

Jaxjacky Fri 13-Nov-20 18:23:23

No sweet tooth here, so none!

Lucca Fri 13-Nov-20 18:24:32

Nortsat

Belgian chocolates.
Turkish delight from Turkey.
Or this cappuccino served with a warm croissant, in a harbour side cafe in Honfleur, Normandy.

I bet I know exactly which café! Have had many holidays /visits to Honfleur!

dontmindstayinghome Fri 13-Nov-20 18:37:36

Any of the Lindt Truffles - orange, mint, chocolate or caramel mmmmm.

25 Avalon - don't deprive yourself, just slice up and freeze. Then you can have some whenever you feel like it!

I made a Key Lime Pie last Saturday and cut it into slices and froze them. We've enjoyed a slice for dessert every night this week - but its all gone now.... sob!!

Nortsat Fri 13-Nov-20 18:41:47

Lucca ☕️ ???

honeyrose Fri 13-Nov-20 19:00:42

I adore chocolate, but try not to eat too much. We have one Lindt Lindor extra dark chocolate truffle with a coffee after dinner every night! Gorgeous. We used to have 2 each, but DH is diabetic (and hasn’t had his usual diabetic blood test since before lockdown, so I hope he’s not edging towards being Insulin-dependant). We also have a scone (with jam - eek!!) some weekend afternoons whilst watching Escape to the Country on tv. We do have at least an hours walk each day - to burn off some of those naughty calories and also try to keep to a reasonably healthy diet.

Hetty58 Fri 13-Nov-20 19:04:50

Bluebellwould, yep, definitely sad! Fudge for me (pretty please) - can't stop eating it!

sodapop Fri 13-Nov-20 19:58:31

Dark chocolate for me but trying to cut down, I used to love caramels covered in dark chocolate but after breaking a tooth had to give those up as well.
Why is it all the things I like best are so bad for me.

biba70 Fri 13-Nov-20 20:02:00

cupaffull

Fennel

Cadbury's Milk Wholenut Chocolate.

Did just wonder, has nobody noticed the oily taste/slimyness of the chocolate now marketed by Mondelez International ....

Milka, Côte d'Or, Toblerone, Cadbury, Green & Black's, Freia, Marabou, Fry's.
Gone are the days of high cocoa butter and creamy milk, now replaced by palm oil and vegetable fats.
Corporate greed reconciling costs. Showing my age now sad

Only in the UK- am really glad we still have real chocolate, made with 'real ingredients' - NO palm oil and less sugar.

Pittcity Fri 13-Nov-20 20:30:22

I'd choose a Belgian bun or Galaxy chocolate

Georgesgran Fri 13-Nov-20 20:38:45

Most things that come from the Cadbury’s factory!
Very partial to Thornton’s dark chocolate caramels, but don’t fancy losing a crown or filling in lockdown!