Gransnet forums

Food

Buddy Oliver a budding Chef

(9 Posts)
Judy54 Wed 13-Jan-21 16:52:33

Jamie Oliver's 9 year old Son Buddy has some short clips on YouTube showing his cooking skills. He is a natural in front of the camera and it looks like he may well follow in his Father's footsteps. The dishes he cooks include: pancakes, mini pizzas and meatballs. How lovely to see this young Lad's enthusiasm and enjoyment of cooking. Did you encourage your children and perhaps now your grandchildren to learn to cook?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Jan-21 16:57:40

No I didn’t ?.

Now my son does all the very adventurous cooking in his house and my daughter reminds me a bit of the mum in Butterflies. Cooking is definitely not her forte?

M0nica Wed 13-Jan-21 17:10:13

DS has always been his family's cook. He cooks for the same reason I do, because he likes food and trying new dishes and ingredients.. more than he actually enjoys the cooking process.

However, we have both been overtaken by DGD, 13. She loves eating and she loves cooking and lockdown has given her plenty of opportunity to hone her skills. She was in charge on Christmas day with her dad as her scullion.

Lucca Wed 13-Jan-21 17:19:29

Yes I did even though I’m no great shakes myself. Ds1 is an excellent cook.

JanetG Wed 13-Jan-21 17:23:43

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a scullion?

M0nica Wed 13-Jan-21 17:25:03

a servant assigned the most menial kitchen tasks.

Callistemon Wed 13-Jan-21 17:25:32

DS is an excellent cook.
DGS likes cooking too

Neither has a famous Dad though, with all the right connections grin

M0nica Wed 13-Jan-21 17:26:01

..... I should have added male servant.

Ellianne Wed 13-Jan-21 17:29:31

I'll take a look. The Oliver children were a real delight on Jamie's Christmas programmes.