Gransnet forums

Food

Can you remember your first cadburys Cream Egg?

(42 Posts)
Yammy Sun 20-Feb-22 21:52:39

On the same theme as Hot cross buns ,can you remember your first cream egg. Mine was 1970.They hadn't hit my backwater but I was given one by a student friend while in the cinema.
I've been hooked ever since.

rafichagran Mon 21-Feb-22 20:21:34

I dislike them too. Yuk

Freya5 Mon 21-Feb-22 20:15:40

Like them occasionally, I can’t remember my first one, but do remember they used to be bigger. Was put off for a short while, drinking a coffee in Victoria bus station London, on route to Scotland, the chap opposite me bit off the top of his cream egg, then spooned the middle into his cuppa. Yuk.

Bodach Mon 21-Feb-22 20:09:57

I have never liked them. They taste sickly sweet to me.

crazyH Mon 21-Feb-22 20:09:09

Sorry, never liked it …..the very look of it had put me off ….

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Feb-22 20:00:46

GagaJo

I used to love them but can't bear them since they changed the chocolate from Dairy Milk.

It’s full of palm oil, now isn’t it, Cadbury’s?
I’m not a chocolate person, but that’s what I’ve heard

GagaJo Mon 21-Feb-22 19:21:27

I used to love them but can't bear them since they changed the chocolate from Dairy Milk.

Grandmadinosaur Mon 21-Feb-22 18:51:24

Can’t remember my first one but nowadays I find them too sweet. I prefer the Lindt ones now.

BBbevan Mon 21-Feb-22 17:19:24

I don’t remember my first, but I have had quite a lot since .

Kali2 Mon 21-Feb-22 17:15:54

Can't stand any chocolate with creme filling!

Tulpia Mon 21-Feb-22 17:11:07

No, but I remember my last one. It was just after Cadburys was taken over by an American company and they put palm oil in the chocolate which rendered it inedible.

AGAA4 Mon 21-Feb-22 16:40:14

I remember my first one. It was horrible but in my teens I didn't like sweet foods.
I wish I could say the same now.

AreWeThereYet Mon 21-Feb-22 16:29:50

Can't remember my first one. We both used to love Cadbury Creme Eggs, ate loads of them for a time. We don't really eat much chocolate (except during lockdown, it seems) but did eat those all through Easter. The taste seemed to change though and we went off them. Haven't had one for years now, and won't be buying them this year.

Macintosh Golden Cup used to be my fave chocolate bar for a while. You could buy quite small ones (that I could hide in my bag so I didn't have to share ?

VioletSky Mon 21-Feb-22 15:44:12

I'm more concerned that I can't remember my last creme egg and I need to rectify that

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Feb-22 15:39:32

Jacob Rees Mogg is addicted to them. HIGNFY sent him a huge box of the things to woo him.

I can’t stand them, but when I was a child I would eat them with a teaspoon.

I remember toffee mallow eggs, now they were nice

Zoejory Mon 21-Feb-22 15:23:31

Can't remember my first either.

But I did love them for many years.

They're not quite the same any more. Or maybe my taste buds are dying out.

MaizieD Mon 21-Feb-22 15:22:14

I can't remember my first one, either, except that it was a long time ago.

It was also my last; I thought it was revolting...

BlueBelle Mon 21-Feb-22 15:22:10

Have always disliked them immensely not keen on chocolate and the rest to me is dead yukky

M0nica Mon 21-Feb-22 15:15:32

No idea when I first had one. Presumably I was unimpressed.

I do not have a sweet tooth and have never particularly liked chocolate, which probably explains why I do not have any memories of them.

Georgesgran Mon 21-Feb-22 08:16:07

Always too sickly sweet for me but Tony’s? Now you’re talking!

Gwyneth Mon 21-Feb-22 08:12:14

I love Cadbury’s Creme Eggs but wish they only sold them at Easter time. They were a treat to look forward to but they’re available practically the whole year round now.

DillytheGardener Mon 21-Feb-22 07:30:01

No can’t bear them. Too sickly and somehow waxy and oily.
I really like the brands hotel chocolate and Tony’s, I must see if they do eggs ? ?

TillyTrotter Mon 21-Feb-22 07:22:27

I had a thing about creme eggs when pregnant and couldn’t get enough.
It was February and I was in hospital for 3 weeks and visitors bought them knowing how many I was getting through.
There were various coloured wrappers back then - and I saved the pink ones until last (my favourite).

Kim19 Mon 21-Feb-22 07:21:28

My first was Fry's which I believe was bought over by Cadbury. Yep, I'm that old!

NotAGran55 Mon 21-Feb-22 07:14:49

I can’t remember my first but it was my last! Far too sweet and sickly for me. Unlike a Topic….

Kalu Mon 21-Feb-22 00:09:49

Two of my favourites, crème eggs and walnut whips, leaving the walnut to eat when the whip was finished.

Both seem so much smaller now?