Gransnet forums

Food

Masterchef

(17 Posts)
Shirleyw Sat 23-Apr-22 07:05:32

...any of you watching this? I enjoy MC, some really good cooks again. Looking forward to the semi finals . Always fancied going on myself but would hate to be out on the first hurdle lol....

snowberryZ Sat 23-Apr-22 07:11:08

Loved it years ago then stopped watching. Think I'll give it a try again.i wonder if anybodys ever watched a cookery programme and thought
Ooh that looks nice. Think I'll go and make that!

I never do. I'm purely a Food Vouyersmile

DanniRae Sat 23-Apr-22 07:16:46

Yes I am watching it and really enjoying it. I don't like it when they are sent out to cook in different restaurants because I find it so stressful but I enjoy everything else....I haven't seen last nights yet. I am looking forward to watching it today smile

Mollygo Sat 23-Apr-22 09:12:00

I like it and sometimes see something I’d like to try.
The effort that they put into presentation is amazing even if I’m never likely to put something under a glass dome so smoke emerges when DH lifts it off, And I’ve never yet managed to put a splash of something on a plate and drag a spoon through it with an attractive result. (I have tried).

It made my day when John Torode announce that the meat was too raw for him. The fad for eating raw meat has never appealed since I read about the things that could exist in the raw meat that wouldn’t be killed off if it wasn’t properly cooked.

Tizliz Sat 23-Apr-22 09:23:43

Quite a few years ago Monica threw a professional chef off for not cleaning down after preparing chicken ???

Redhead56 Sat 23-Apr-22 09:28:20

I have watched since it first came out even in the 1990s with Loyd Grossman. I prefer the modern format but I can’t stand the way John Torode sticks his tongue out when he eats.

Shirleyw Mon 25-Apr-22 05:26:58

Yes, I remember that tizliz , quite right too.
I’ve not noticed John Torode do that redhead, I shall be looking out for that now ?
When him and Greg Wallace first started the programme you could hear them eat and that was grating to say the least, they aren’t so bad now. Saying that they are a good team.

Shirleyw Mon 25-Apr-22 05:29:07

…..you mentioning Monica she is stepping down for this seasons Professional MC due to family and restaurant commitments. Wonder who will take her place!

shysal Mon 25-Apr-22 09:36:20

I have been watching, but much prefer the Australian format. I am currently watching an old series on the BBC iplayer.

lixy Mon 25-Apr-22 09:45:30

Oh, that's sad news Shirleyw, I hadn't heard about Monica stepping down. I shall miss her.
Guess one of the past winners may come on board?

Shirleyw Fri 06-May-22 01:26:34

Great final and a very worthy winner. Some fabulous cooks this year.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 06-May-22 07:37:36

Shirleyw it was brilliant. Don’t know how they chose between those three though I’m sure they all have bright futures ahead for very different reasons.

Jaxjacky Fri 06-May-22 07:43:58

I was happy with the winner and rooting for them.

merlotgran Fri 06-May-22 10:30:07

The winner wasn’t the one I’d have chosen but all three were brilliant.

muse Fri 06-May-22 11:05:57

Very pleased that Eddie won. I hope he has a great foodie future ahead of him.

I too will miss Monica.

henetha Fri 06-May-22 11:09:29

Last night's final was brilliant. All three cooked so well that it must have been hard to decide who was best. But yes, I think Eddie had the edge and deserved the title. No doubt they will all do well in some sort of foodie career.

Charleygirl5 Fri 06-May-22 16:00:20

I also thought Eddie had the edge last night and he was so delighted.

Why does nobody pop a tissue in their pockets?