Gransnet forums

Food

Cauliflower and blue cheese soup

(11 Posts)
GagaJo Tue 19-Jul-22 15:41:58

Years ago, someone gave me a recipe for cauliflower and blue cheese (it was a name brand cheese, can't remember which one) which was gorgeous. But needless to say, I've lost the recipe.

Can anyone help? It was super easy. Just cheese, cauli and maybe onions?

M0nica Wed 20-Jul-22 14:29:39

Could you google a recipe?

The only thing I would add would be onions and a vegetable stock cube.

paddyann54 Wed 20-Jul-22 14:39:25

I dont have a recipe but I do make usually celery and blue cheese soup .Sweat an onion add the celery and chicken stock and simmer until soft ,blitz it in my liquidiser add some cream and crumble in the cheese .It would be just the same for cauliflower I suppose

AreWeThereYet Wed 20-Jul-22 14:47:20

Was it Rocquefort by any chance? That's the only cauliflower and blue cheese soup recipe I've seen apart from Stilton.

Blondiescot Wed 20-Jul-22 16:39:07

I don't have a recipe either - but I would cook some onions until soft, add a little garlic and seasoning, then the cauliflower (broken into florets) along with some stock (chicken, vegetable - the choice is yours) and simmer until soft. I then blend it with my hand blender and add in crumbled Stilton or any other blue cheese I happen to have. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste.

Joseanne Wed 20-Jul-22 16:51:52

Yes, I agree Roquefort or Stilton would be fine. I was shown by a chef how to make very soft and yummy cauliflower purée once. He used lots of cream and blue d' Auvergne cheese, so that might be an alternative.
The secret is to crumble the blue cheese in the soup right at the end and not slosh it into the mixture like you would with Cheddar.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 20-Jul-22 18:28:43

I make it quite often and have some frozen. Google it - I think that it is either a Mary Berry recipe or BBC. You could tweak it for your own taste.

Ailsa43 Thu 21-Jul-22 01:33:35

Stilton... Broccoli & Stilton..or cauliflower and Stilton are matches made in heaven

Just remember when making soup with added Stilton which tends to be salty, not to add any extra salt to your soup during cooking, wait until you've tasted it..

NotSpaghetti Thu 21-Jul-22 06:43:47

Broccoli and Stilton is popular here too.
I tend to make it with "left over" Broccoli if I cooked too much.
To perk up the green, wizz in a handful of spinach.

nanna8 Thu 21-Jul-22 06:50:34

Gorgonzola is good- we just had a gorgonzola and spinach tart in Adelaide . Yum.

shysal Thu 21-Jul-22 11:04:47

I have made this using Castello Blue (in the half moon pack). I just made a normal cauli soup in my soup maker and crumbled in the cheese at the end. It is also good with any other cheese like Cheddar or Red Leicester.