Gransnet forums

Food

Gousto meal box delivery review. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!

(12 Posts)
Sago Mon 27-Mar-23 19:36:45

I posted a few days ago regarding our first Gousto box.
I was a little apprehensive we would be eating miserable meals for 5 evenings!
I always cook from scratch and consider myself a fairly good cook, I am however sick of deciding what to eat and we were getting into a culinary rut.

We are 5 meals in and I’m a convert, the second box arrived today.
The website is easy to use and you can cancel at anytime, the choice is outstanding and the ingredients good quality.
The recipe cards are so straightforward even my dear husband is pitching in!
The results have been superb.

We chose meals we wouldn’t ordinarily cook so they have been quite exotic with the exception of an oven baked risotto.

Unfortunately they don’t do meals for 1 but most recipes you could easily freeze half.

I know some fellow gransnetters also ordered, I would love to how you got on.

If anyone wants to use my code you get 65% off your first box and 25% of further boxes for 8 weeks.

FRANC43875353.

anna7 Mon 27-Mar-23 20:28:24

I think Gousto is great! .Like you Sago, I enjoy cooking but I do feel in a bit of a rut , trying to think of different things to cook. I've ordered Gousto for a few weekends now and I'm very pleased. DH and I usually cook the recipes together and we've enjoyed both the cooking and the eating. I also like the fact that you order as many or few recipes as you wish.

V3ra Mon 27-Mar-23 20:52:42

Following your post last week I suggested Gousto to my son and his fiancée.
They've had a great time taking turns cooking their five meals and have proudly shared photos of the finished results with us!
I was impressed with the menu and instructions cards and think they'll have learned a lot from this, so thank you for the suggestion Sago.

Auntieflo Tue 28-Mar-23 08:54:25

Thank you Sago for the code. I used it and we had 5 days worth of lovely meals while the decorators were here. It saved the bother of thinking about what to cook when they had left each day.

EkwaNimitee Tue 28-Mar-23 08:57:55

I'm also in a rut but there's only me! I wish Gousto and the like would provide for single people, I imagine there's quite a market out there for that.

Sago Tue 28-Mar-23 10:00:11

Auntieflo So glad you enjoyed it, I think we will do 4 meals a week when we’re home.
Great if you have a busy week and also good to know if I’m poorly my husband could knock them up.

Floradora9 Tue 28-Mar-23 21:17:00

How much is delivery please ?

Sago Tue 28-Mar-23 21:25:42

The price includes delivery.
My first box with a friends discount code was £16.50 for 4 meals for 2 people.
It came via Yodel.

Shinamae Tue 28-Mar-23 22:07:07

Just ordered for my daughter there was a 60% discount so I had four meals for her and her two small children for £13.
I won’t be able to afford to do this every week, but would like to do it once a month, so I will probably ring them up and see if I can arrange this, she is going through a hard divorce at the moment so I think a little bit of help…🙂

mumski Tue 28-Mar-23 22:10:02

I agree with you EkwaNimitee. When my daughter was still living at home we used both Hello Fresh and Gusto and really enjoyed them. However I emailed both after she left asking if they would do meals for 1 person. Both said they had no plans to do this.
I think they are really missing a trick. As you say you would think there would be a big demand for single meals.

Sago Tue 28-Mar-23 22:22:02

mumski

I agree with you EkwaNimitee. When my daughter was still living at home we used both Hello Fresh and Gusto and really enjoyed them. However I emailed both after she left asking if they would do meals for 1 person. Both said they had no plans to do this.
I think they are really missing a trick. As you say you would think there would be a big demand for single meals.

Apparently it’s not economically viable to do meals for 1, most recipes would freeze though.

Sago Tue 28-Mar-23 22:24:10

Shinamae

Just ordered for my daughter there was a 60% discount so I had four meals for her and her two small children for £13.
I won’t be able to afford to do this every week, but would like to do it once a month, so I will probably ring them up and see if I can arrange this, she is going through a hard divorce at the moment so I think a little bit of help…🙂

I think it’s a great idea as a gift.
If I had been a bit more on the ball I would have done the same for my daughter after she had our grandson.