Gransnet forums

Food

Anyone got an ‘instant pot’

(5 Posts)
nanna8 Sat 16-Sep-23 01:46:23

We just bought one and still on a learning curve. Yesterday I made some risotto that turned out well,mixture of sautéed veg and chicken and then add rice and stock and steam. It was very quick, only a couple of minutes for the steaming and rice cooking. Apparently it can also make yoghurt but I haven’t tried that yet,a bit wary. Anyone tried anything like jams, marmalade etc? I’m not very adventurous so far.

Llamedos13 Sat 16-Sep-23 03:31:46

Yes, I make marmalade in mine and also jams.I recently made yoghurt which turned out really good and was super easy to make.I use it to make mashed potatoes, takes about eight minutes once it comes to pressure and you dont get the mess on the stove top when the spuds boil over.Good luck as you learn all about it, I love mine and use it often.

NotSpaghetti Sat 16-Sep-23 05:51:24

I don't know this gadget at all but how does the cooking of risotto rice only take a couple of minutes?
Doesn't the rice have to be in it first with the oil?

Genuinely interested!

Mom3 Sat 16-Sep-23 08:00:35

We have one and DH uses it often to cook pork and beans. Easy and delicious. Daughter makes risotto and other things. She loves it.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 16-Sep-23 09:30:54

Sounds interesting but my love of kitchen gadgets has exceeded the space I have to such an extent they now live in a cupboard in the hall and a space in another room. Sounds tempting ……I am sure you will enjoy trying out all sorts of lovely things.