Gransnet forums

Food

Air fryer basic cook book needed

(21 Posts)
ayse Wed 06-Mar-24 11:42:46

I’ve just bought my husband a new air fryer and I want to buy a basic cook book for air fryers. I’ve already bought one called Tower 2 basket air fryer cook book but it’s not what I’m looking for. I need a cookery book not a recipe book.

I’m looking to cook him belly pork in slices this evening without bbq sauce etc. and I’m finding it very difficult to find a recipe, even online.

Any advice please?

MiniMoon Wed 06-Mar-24 11:47:06

feastgloriousfeast.com/air-fry-pork-belly-slices/

Try this one.

MiniMoon Wed 06-Mar-24 11:48:40

Posted too soon. Meant to say it's just a recipe for belly pork. I don't have a recommendation for a cookery book. I just trawl the Internet for recipes.

Eirlys Wed 06-Mar-24 11:56:49

Yes, I'd welcome one also. I print off basic recipes with time and temperatures because of the dearth of such a book. I bought the "Bored of Lunch" (Nathan Anthony) cook book and haven't used it once even though it is supposed to be one of the best Air Fryer recipe books around.

I would LOVE an Air Fryer cookery book similar to Marie. T. Smith's "Microwave Cooking for One"!

ayse Wed 06-Mar-24 12:07:50

Thanks Minimoon, I’ll certainly look as it sounds just what I’d like right now.

Eirlys - I’m so glad I’m not alone in this. I’ll have to start printing recipes as well.

Kate1949 Wed 06-Mar-24 12:20:36

This is ours. It's quite good.

Kate1949 Wed 06-Mar-24 12:21:17

Sorry that's not a great picture!

Kate1949 Wed 06-Mar-24 12:23:47

A bit better

shysal Wed 06-Mar-24 13:34:13

I like photos in my recipe books, but found so many for air fryers had none. This British one from Amazon has been useful, but I do tend to look on line when wanting to cook a particular item.

NonnaW Wed 06-Mar-24 13:36:09

Kate1949 I bought that book and never used it. Problem was, it seems aimed at the air fryers with drawers, whereas I want OTT and bought a Ninja 9-in-1, way too complicated for our needs. I only use the pressure cooker element!

Kate1949 Wed 06-Mar-24 14:50:22

NonnaW. Ours is a Ninja 9-in-1 with pressure cooker. We use the pressure cooker a lot but also use the air fryer function most days. My husband bakes soda bread using the bake function. We haven't had our oven on since Christmas.

ayse Thu 07-Mar-24 07:52:38

Thank you everyone. I used the recipe for belly pork from Minimoon. It turned out well with a bit of tinkering.

I had considered buying a Ninja everything but decided on a converter microwave instead as I have an old fashioned pressure cooker ( just in case the electricity goes off).

I think I’ll put together printed air fryer recipes that work from the internet.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

shysal Thu 07-Mar-24 09:38:56

Glad your belly pork turned out well. I have an indexed notebook to record successful timings and temperatures, as I can't always remember.

Esmay Thu 07-Mar-24 09:41:10

I need one too .
Thank you Kate1949 .

Cabbie21 Thu 07-Mar-24 09:47:24

I need a list of basic times, temperatures and any tips. I don't need fancy recipes needing ingredients I don’t have.
For oven baking I still resort to a book which is about 60 years old for quantities, timings and temperatures.

shysal Thu 07-Mar-24 16:31:51

Cabbie21

I need a list of basic times, temperatures and any tips. I don't need fancy recipes needing ingredients I don’t have.
For oven baking I still resort to a book which is about 60 years old for quantities, timings and temperatures.

Maybe this would be all you need.
Air Fryer Cheat Sheet

Scribbles Sat 09-Mar-24 18:45:03

I'm quite new to air frying and having trouble with timings so the recommendation from Shysal sounded like just what I need. It arrived today and I'm a little bemused by the second instruction on the back of the packaging! confused

Scribbles Sat 09-Mar-24 18:46:24

For some reason, it chose to post without the photos....

MayBee70 Sat 09-Mar-24 23:18:35

shysal

Cabbie21

Maybe this would be all you need.
Air Fryer Cheat Sheet

Thanks for that. I saw it on Facebook and planned to buy it but couldn’t find the advert!

shysal Sun 10-Mar-24 11:14:53

Weird, Scribbles! Maybe it is to do with it being supposed to be magnetic, which I feel sure mine isn't!

Scribbles Mon 11-Mar-24 09:56:55

shysal

Weird, Scribbles! Maybe it is to do with it being supposed to be magnetic, which I feel sure mine isn't!

It arrived with a stick-on magnetic patch so there's the option to keep it handy on the side of the fridge or similar.