Gransnet forums

Food

Take aways

(10 Posts)
kittylester Sat 03-Oct-26 18:18:57

I realise that you can't do that. Not sure what the answer is unless you can find somewhere that does their own deliveries.

kittylester Sat 03-Oct-26 18:17:15

We rarely have deliveries fir takeaways as we never know when they will turn up. DH collects.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 03-Oct-26 18:10:28

Blimey Gingster I would be fuming 😡

We have never used Uber Eat or Just Eat.

I would get back to the Fish & Chip shop if you ordered direct with them, good luck 🤞

Ziplok Sat 03-Oct-26 17:41:27

Oh, how disappointing Gingster. I do hope you got a refund, especially as I imagine your order was more expensive than a battered sausage and chips would be?

shysal Sat 03-Oct-26 17:36:59

I am fortunate to have a fish and chip shop a 5 minute walk away, in the village where I live, as well as a mobile visit once a week, plus a Chinese take-away. In the 30 years I have lived here I have only bought from them a handful of times, as I prefer to cook from scratch.
I was interested to read that you ordered plaice. I dread to think of the price. I saw 2 tiny plain 'fresh' fillets for £16 in Tesco a while ago. Although I love plaice I resisted!

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sat 03-Oct-26 17:25:51

Oh Gingster and after a busy few days too, just so utterly disappointing to have your treat messed up like that. Gah!

Smileless2012 Sat 03-Oct-26 17:22:29

We use a local chinese takeaway, 'phone direct and collect.

tanith Sat 03-Oct-26 17:20:47

We have fish and chips occasionally from our local shop through the Just Eat app it costs an arm and a leg for the food but its here in 15 mins hot and tasty.

Georgesgran Sat 03-Oct-26 16:48:41

I’d be gutted Gingster.
I’ve just driven past my local award winning chippy and it took all my willpower not to turn in for a fish!

Gingster Sat 03-Oct-26 16:45:24

As we (well I) had been so busy , we thought we’d treat ourselves to fish and chips from the best shop in town.
1hr and a half later it arrived and it was the wrong order. Instead of 1 cod, 1 plaice and chips we got large chips and 1 battered sausage.
Phoned the shop and although apologetic said the delivery is down to just Eat. Of course I can’t get through to them.
We ate the sausage and a few chips as we were so hungry.

Won’t be doing that again! 😡