Gransnet forums

Food

Freezing food

(29 Posts)
granfromafar Fri 09-Oct-26 12:16:15

That's intersection about freezing avocados, Shell, as I didn't think that you could do that. I remember buying frozen avocados years ago from Iceland, and it was awful! They must have discontinued it after a short time, as haven't seen them since. I freeze bread, so it's always fresh when I need it.

tanith Fri 09-Oct-26 12:07:03

I don't freeze veg apart from spinach cooked in portions. I freeze mince meals made from scratch, pies made from scratch and fruit cake homemade. Pork chops, chicken breasts, sausages and bacon all individually portioned but bought in packs when on offer can't stretch to fish very often now.

Shel1951 Fri 09-Oct-26 11:57:57

Hasten to add I mash the avocado first and season, goes under my scrambled egg for breakfast.

Shel1951 Fri 09-Oct-26 10:24:04

What do you freeze? I am at the moment freezing avocado's as the pack is cheaper than single avocado's to buy,
I freeze onions,mince,carrots,