Gransnet forums

Food

Best food processor

(5 Posts)
Jess20 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:39:37

Any recommendations please? I want to grate, slice and chop mostly (and not lose my fingers in the process). Salads and vegetables are the main things I want to process, possibly cheese and nuts as well. I already have a food mixer for cakes, and a soup maker and smoothie maker. Easy to use and clean in dishwasher if possible.

Shandy57 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:46:23

I'm a Which member and this one got an 80% vote. Not all parts are dishwasher proof.

Kenwood Multipro Express FDP65.860WH

Doodledog Thu 07-Jul-22 16:11:15

I wouldn't be without a Magimix.

I've had one for decades at home, and bought a cheaper one for our lodge, but there was no comparison, and I replaced it with another Magimix. They are real workhorses and will do anything and everything.

annodomini Thu 07-Jul-22 16:55:02

I second the Magimix. I'm on my second and between the two I had a Kenwood which overheated and gave up in a puff of smoke. My Magimix chops, slices, grates and mixes with great ease - a kilo of cheese is grated in seconds, carrots as well. For small tasks like chopping a few nuts or making breadcrumbs, I have a Kenwood Mini-mix which has lasted for a good 20 years.

Spinnaker Thu 07-Jul-22 17:08:49

Third for the Magimix - workhorse beyond belief. I've got the 5200 and there's nothing it can't tackle !