Gransnet forums

Games

Word Chain - At Home 3 (Alphabetical)

(573 Posts)
DanniRae Fri 11-Aug-17 07:57:50

A peacock or two on the lawns

Bellanonna Sun 22-Oct-17 12:53:21

Zipping across to defend myself. I didn’t touch those paper cups (drank from the bottle) and I was very well behaved. It was all those other hooligans who caused mayhem, some even tripping over me as I tried to have a snooze, while cuddling my sax. Offended!

DanniRae Sun 22-Oct-17 13:34:14

And you can't blame me as I never left my bed (except to creep down and get a few snacks and a LITTLE drink -or two-) blush

Scribbles Sun 22-Oct-17 15:46:32

Band practice has really hacked off them next door: they've got a For Sale sign up now!

(Thanks, Chewy, for that. I'm trying really hard to be a nicer person after that last ASBO)

Chewbacca Sun 22-Oct-17 16:06:17

Congratulations everyone, The Grumps next door are going! Mission accomplished!

Bellanonna Sun 22-Oct-17 16:15:01

Doubly delighted! How dare they deface our mural! I’m off to paint another one round the side (their side) ?

Chewbacca Sun 22-Oct-17 16:34:42

Excited Bella! You wouldn't happen to be Banksy, in disguise would you?

Bellanonna Sun 22-Oct-17 19:01:51

Firmly zipped (my mouth) ?

DanniRae Sun 22-Oct-17 21:13:00

Good grief is Bella really famous? How exciting!

Chewbacca Sun 22-Oct-17 21:17:31

Have it from the horse's mouth DanniRae! Apparently, the reason that Bella creeps around town in the dead of night; clutching a bucket, brushes and ladders, isn't because she's a moonlighting window cleaner afterall! She's a very famous graffiti artist. wink

Bellanonna Sun 22-Oct-17 23:04:44

I’ve been outed! Damn! Shall have to call myself Bello now. Short for Bell’uomo (or something like that). Now that’s a point, that mural will be worth a few bob.... the neighbours will be kicking themselves.

SparklyGrandma Mon 23-Oct-17 12:25:41

Just thinking, how would Bansky be a gran?

Chewbacca Mon 23-Oct-17 20:17:05

Kindly note that anyone could be Banksy! Could be Bella or DanniRae. Could even be you and you're not telling!

Bellanonna Mon 23-Oct-17 20:25:13

Let me come clean! I’m not Banksy though my artwork is probably better than his. I’m just not appreciated ?
I have nearly finished the side of the house. It’s rather spectacular and a bit racy. That’ll annoy em!

Scribbles Mon 23-Oct-17 21:03:58

Magazine photographer coming round to take pics of Bella's magnificent masterpiece. Look for them in next weekend's colour supplement.

DanniRae Tue 24-Oct-17 07:47:49

No Chewie I am definitely not Banksy! But I might be 'passing by' when the photographer arrives to take a picture of Bella's wall art............just off to shops to get a new outfit!!grin

Scribbles Tue 24-Oct-17 11:29:26

Outside this morning: busy raking up the fallen leaves and tidying everywhere so it looks good in the photos.

Bellanonna Tue 24-Oct-17 18:00:22

Pristine now, thanks to Scribbles. You can all join me in the photo shoot as long as you stay in the background. Passers by, that’s it. While I’m posing at the front you can just stroll nonchantly by, pointing with admiration at my lovely mural ?

DanniRae Tue 24-Oct-17 23:09:50

Question Bella - Do we stroll in front of you (so everyone can see my lovely new outfit) or behind you (which, of course, would be a shame for the public). Oh, and what does 'nonchantly' mean? hmm

Bellanonna Wed 25-Oct-17 00:33:29

Rather you didn’t show off your new outfit Danni (it might rob me of the limelight). Just flit by quickly but don’t forget to point at my masterpiece!

DanniRae Wed 25-Oct-17 08:58:13

Such a shame Bella but ok a quick flit it will be and my pointing at the, so called, masterpiece will be amazing. Luckily I still have the receipt for my outfit so back it will go!

Bellanonna Wed 25-Oct-17 09:03:13

That’s very sensible of you Danni. Bet ‘er next door wishes they weren’t moving now.

DanniRae Wed 25-Oct-17 15:06:06

U might be right Bella but I am glad that they are. It's exciting to think about who might be moving in!!

Bellanonna Wed 25-Oct-17 23:13:46

Very true Danni. Perhaps we should impress with an rather more “select” appearance.

DanniRae Thu 26-Oct-17 12:30:02

What? Do you mean our appearance being more select or the house? If it's us I won't take my new outfit back. I will stroll up and down the back garden so people viewing next door will be impressed. Is that a good idea do you think Bella?

Bellanonna Thu 26-Oct-17 13:32:52

eXcellent idea, Danni and of course you are free to wander about in your new Primark outfit, but I was rather thinking of a more upmarket appearance to the home, raising the tone a bit. Showing that we’re select people round here. Some pretty flashing lights on the front garden pampas grass, for example. Let me have a think.