Gransnet forums

Games

How many games do we need?

(34 Posts)
Miep1 Sun 05-May-19 11:14:18

I"m all for game playing but about half of the threads are now games - or duplicates of games! I think it's getting out of hand; I like to read the other threads, but they get fewer and fewer. Does anybody else find this?

Jangran99 Tue 07-May-19 14:10:03

grandtanteJE65,the complaints are about the 'active'
list.But as you so rightly say, there are many forums.It's just a pity that some want everything tailored to their interests... ......... yawn

grandtanteJE65 Tue 07-May-19 13:51:51

It amazes me that you think all the threads are games!

I can only find one forum called that and plenty of others.

Are we talking about the same site?

JackyB Tue 07-May-19 13:49:03

topics.

You know what I meant.

JackyB Tue 07-May-19 13:48:44

I recently started hiding the games threads too, after reading several people's suggestion to do this. It also has the advantage that threads that had slipped out of sight at the bottom of the list then move back up again and there is far more choice of topices to click through.

ninathenana Tue 07-May-19 12:37:11

Bluebelle I'm using Android phone.

Shame it can't be uniform on all devices.

Elegran Tue 07-May-19 11:54:39

How weird that Kandinsky sees GN only as "a games site for the elderly" He/she can't have looked at anything but the games threads!

JoshParkes Tue 07-May-19 11:27:18

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

giulia Tue 07-May-19 10:17:36

Thanks so much for posting this question. Have just spent half a happy hour eliminating them all!

JessK Tue 07-May-19 09:35:54

I enjoy the games and also dip in and out of the other conversations but I don't comment to them all. Good idea to hide the games if you don't want to see them.

BlueBelle Tue 07-May-19 08:19:53

Ninathenana there is no arrow on my iPad until I change to desktop then there is one Are you on an iPad ? As it seems quiet different for us both !

Marmight Tue 07-May-19 07:33:46

I only do 2 of the games. Anything which stretches the mind is good, According to Kandinsky, its a games site for the elderly, to which I take great exception. Strangely, many of us come into that category and I think the clue is in the title Gransnet ?. I don't look at the rest any more so ignore them. Simple. I also ignore, mostly, anything to do with politics & knitting. What's the problem? Get over it! More important things to get worked up about in the bigger scheme of things I think.

ninathenana Tue 07-May-19 07:24:59

Bluebelle
I hide all the games threads whilst on the mobile site by clicking the arrow top right of the page and the click 'hide this discussion'

ninathenana Tue 07-May-19 07:22:24

Sorry, no Bluebelle I hide all the games threads whilst using the mobile site by using the drop down arrow on the top right of the page and clicking 'hide this discussion'

BlueBelle Tue 07-May-19 07:08:04

The info given is wrong you have to change FROM mobile TO desktop not other way round flexiblefriend to do the hiding business
The games are a great bore to me and I play my own game trying to get rid of them as it’s such a long night winded process
I m happy for those that like them to play but I so wish it was a separate area that you had to ‘join’
I love word games on my iPad like Words with friends , scrabble and others but I find these ones really boring ?

absent Tue 07-May-19 05:41:56

None of the games that has appeared on Gransnet have excited my interest, although I do some cryptic crosswords, word games and logic games on my computer most mornings. However, they seem to be very popular, so why would I complain?

BradfordLass72 Tue 07-May-19 02:01:45

I have no objections to anyone playing games as much as they want but my AMD makes it so hard to read and trying to scroll down so many of them is quite a hassle.

So thank you Flexible for those instructons, it's helped me a lot. flowers

vissos Tue 07-May-19 01:14:02

Oh dear, I wonder if this is (partly) my fault? I go to bed late, sometimes not at all (armchair, for the dog) and have recently started playing the games. So I suppose they appear at the top of the threads due to the time of posting.
I don't understand why anyone would participate in a forum they found boring.

crazyH Tue 07-May-19 00:28:13

According to Kandinsky, you are elderly....so am I . I live the games. I suppose Kadinsky is a sprightly young teenager who just happened to pass by ?

Jangran99 Tue 07-May-19 00:18:19

16 out of 52 is not nearly half miep1.I don't play all the games but I do enjoy some. The threads I don't contribute to I skip past.I suggest you do the same.

Tangerine Mon 06-May-19 23:06:27

The word games are what I enjoy most about Gransnet. What does that say about me, I wonder?!

Floradora9 Sun 05-May-19 19:29:31

Give them a thread of their own I have no interest in them at all .

Anja Sun 05-May-19 15:29:28

If people want them then OK. I just skip past them

FlexibleFriend Sun 05-May-19 15:10:57

Ok I've found it, it has nothing to do with the three dots. Above that top right is a drop down menu arrow and click on that and one of the choices is hide this discussion. YAAAY!

FlexibleFriend Sun 05-May-19 14:57:33

I just tried to follow those instructions and there is no option to hide, just report, bookmark etc.

Cherrytree59 Sun 05-May-19 13:48:51

Thank both NanaandGrampie and mcem ?
I had forgotten how to hide threads, probably because I have not yet felt the need.

Kandinsky Sorry you think that GN is just a games site for the elderly.
I do not consider myself elderly especially now I can't retire for another 7+ years.

I 'know' several posters who are still in their 50s!

Each to their ownsmile