Gransnet forums

Games

First and last

(13 Posts)
lemongrove Sun 15-Sep-19 09:58:40

The first time I moved house ( and actually remember it) I was three years old, and there was snow and very cold.I was very excited because there was a garden for the first time in my life.
The last time I moved house was ten years ago, and in the years between those moves, I have lived in 15 different houses.

Dawn22 Sun 15-Sep-19 09:51:47

Strange how life goes.

The first time l went to London l truly loved it. The last time I went l disliked it.

thomasecoello Thu 15-Aug-19 00:48:07

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WOODMOUSE49 Wed 14-Aug-19 14:04:45

Seeing a band/group live.

Age 16 - First gig I went to was 1967. The Walker Brothers. Went by coach with friends to Buxton. Stood right at the front, tight up against the stage. I stood right in front of Scott Engel (Walker) who I loved. Can't remember how much it cost.

Last gig was 2014 at Eden Project to see Elbow. Amazing night + amazing sound + amazing place under the Cornish sky. Couldn't get near the stage. Not allowed these days - front of stage barriers. Know how much this one cost - £40.

henetha Mon 12-Aug-19 10:33:04

The first time I drove a car was in 1974 on my first driving lesson. I fell in love with cars there and then. After passing my test I saved up and bought a red Reliant Robin. I was so proud of that little car even though I had lots of problems with it. It kept stalling and I had to ask lots of strangers to give me a push. I only kept it for a year before moving up to a car with four wheels.
The las time I drove was yesterday.

JessK Mon 12-Aug-19 10:25:20

Should have added the last time I flew - a few weeks ago - we couldn't buy a drink or food and pay by cash!

JessK Mon 12-Aug-19 09:43:00

The first time I flew when I was five. I can remember me asking my Dad why we seemed to be staying still in the sky and he said we had to stop because of traffic lights!

ninathenana Mon 12-Aug-19 06:37:20

The first time I flew I was 15 and went to Spain with mum n dad.
The last time was 10 yrs ago when I went to Germany to meet my first grandchild as SiL was stationed out there with the army.

BBbevan Mon 12-Aug-19 04:18:43

The first time I rode a bike was on my 10th birthday. It was a third hand black , no gears type and I loved it. Dad ran up and down the street with me until I got my balance.
The last time was last week when the GDs stayed. Posh green bike with gears, basket etc. Gap of nearly 60 years between the two with no bike at all.

annep1 Sun 11-Aug-19 23:19:45

The first time I smoked cannabis was summer 1969. I was living in London. I had hallucinations and felt weird.
The second time was the following evening. I had such a bad hangover next day I couldn't make the weekly call home.
That was also my last time.

Tangerine Wed 10-Jul-19 23:22:25

My first run for charity was in 2008 and my last one in 2010. I'll never do another one.

Olderthanmost Wed 10-Jul-19 22:50:52

My first time to ride a bike was when I was 6. It was my mother's bicycle and I kept falling over until I mastered it. Loved the feeling.
My last bike ride was yesterday. About 30 kilometres. Still love cycling

Olderthanmost Wed 10-Jul-19 22:47:01

Remember any activity you did for the first time. Tell about it. Then tell about the last time you did it. It can be anything from your first steps to your first day in school. And the last time you took steps and the last time you were in class