Gransnet forums

Games

Grand Christmas Ball....all welcome

(704 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 27-Nov-19 17:16:58

It’s getting towards the time we planned ahead for the Grand Christmas Ball tchsmile
Held as usual in Lemongrove Manor, strict dress code (anything goes)
Alphabetical order ...be inventive.

Doodle Tue 31-Dec-19 18:51:13

New Year almost with us. That’s what I call a Christmas ball.
All over to geminils* for the New Year’s Eve party. I have my ball gown on and my glass carriage awaits. Come on lemon giddy up, you know I can’t afford horses as well tchgrin

Rufus2 Tue 31-Dec-19 09:13:33

This being New Year's Eve I've just watched that perennial short film "Dinner for One" starring Freddie Frinton on TV.
It's been shown every NYE since TV was invented and is a marvellous ritual. Always funny and good for a laugh, which is what we all need right now. smile
OoRoo

Rufus2 Tue 31-Dec-19 09:01:02

Lemon Oo er! Yes please! I've always wondered "what the butler saw"; , so if I cast my gaze up to the chandelier all will be revealed; a sight for sore eyes, perhaps? shock

Doodle Mon 30-Dec-19 23:35:29

My goodness scribbles I will certainly not be joining Klara on the chandelier ( it wouldn’t hold my weight for a start blush) I could manage to warble the odd note or two though. ?

Scribbles Mon 30-Dec-19 21:18:54

Ladies & Gents? Didn't you know that's on the Banned List? It upsets the gender fluid, apparently. (I've encountered quite a lot of fluid here tonight, alcoholic and otherwise, but no gender fluid). Will Klara Whatsaface be okay if we join in the choruses? Nothing like a good operatic sing along ...and this will be nothing like etc, etc

Doodle Mon 30-Dec-19 21:15:39

lemon ? is that her swinging from the chandelier? I didn’t realise it was going to be that kind of performance ?

lemongrove Mon 30-Dec-19 18:44:47

Klara den Warble ( celeb opera singer) is about to give a performance in the ballroom ( and after that, she’ll give us a bit of a song!) Take your seats please now, ladies and gents.

lemongrove Mon 30-Dec-19 18:41:52

Jesting again Rufus.....u norty man, you can be our new butler if you’re not too doddery on your pins.?

soop Mon 30-Dec-19 16:58:13

Doodle My late Nana baked what she called "seed cake". It was gritty but certainly put anyone who dared eat it into a frenzy good mood. Not so good if your dentures are ill fitting. wink

Doodle Mon 30-Dec-19 14:58:53

I’ll have some figgy donuts now that I know what’s in them ?
Thanks soop I knew you’d come up with something good.

soop Mon 30-Dec-19 14:55:18

Figgy donuts liberally laced with some special weed that I found growing in the loft. MacSporran claims not to know where it came from. hmm a likely story.

Rufus2 Mon 30-Dec-19 06:17:38

wrong thread m’dear)
Lemon Now you should know better than to patronize the "Oldies" and us "not so oldies", or are you a Mrs.Brown look-alike?
I'm the Master Patronizer around here and I've got scars to prove it! grin

you are quite correct
Doodle Don't take it to heart and take that silly dunce's hat off when you speak to me! I'm just back from a tooth extraction, 80 years we had been together, man and tooth! You don't know what you've got until it's gone, apart from a crater-size hole! sad
Tell Lemon I've replaced the poteen with a spittoon, but the anaesthetic is still affecting my aim. confused
OoRoo NHY

Marydoll Mon 30-Dec-19 00:09:48

Hell's teeth! You lot are for it!!!!?

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 23:47:50

Glaswegian eh? Yes, that would be Marydoll tiny but feisty.

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 23:46:34

Figgy donuts.....Soop’s Scottish Specialities, once eaten never forgotten!

Doodle Sun 29-Dec-19 21:29:49

Exciting news lemon. Coffee smells delicious. Not too sure about the other thing though ? are you sure it’s a donut. It looks a little suspect to me. Pongs a bit too. ?

Scribbles Sun 29-Dec-19 21:27:51

Excellent news! I really need a caffeine and sugar fix before I attempt to drive home.

Incidentally, I think Marydoll is in the maze. I fell over a comatose female who I thought was your grey lady until I realised this person wasn't headless but legless. I tried to rouse her but she just cussed at me in Glaswegian and mumbled something about Santa's tighty whiteys not being so white any more so I left her there.

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 20:49:55

Donuts and coffee are now being served in the gold drawing room.....see u there?☕️?

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 20:48:16

Cover up Chewy you don’t want to frighten the horses!
( the groom and Marydoll have vanished btw)

Doodle Sun 29-Dec-19 20:01:50

Because I am dyslexic Rufus I looked up the spelling of fuchsia before I wrote it and you are quite correct. Somewhere between my reading it and writing it down I changed the spelling. I think a little ? may have been involved in the mistake tchgrin

Chewbacca Sun 29-Dec-19 15:06:30

ATISHOOOO! I've caught a cold wearing these damned skimpy dresses and boob tubes for a fortnight. Would someone please close the windows!

Scribbles Sun 29-Dec-19 12:39:19

Yellow irises and Zinnias, Lemon? They'll look lovely (as well as disposing of two awkward letters).?

Thank heavens I finally found my way out of the maze. Now to find my way to my clapped out Yaris and attempt to drive home without my specs and without getting pulled over by the bizzies. Or did I bring the Zastava tonight ... Oh the joys of being inebriated and forgetful.

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 12:02:46

Xotic flowers from the orchid house in my hair

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 12:01:57

Rufus! Put the poteen down you are befuddled!
Scribbles is coming as Ken Dodd but at a different event at a different time entirely ( wrong thread m’dear) ?

What happened to V?
Very weird happenings in the stable!

Rufus2 Sun 29-Dec-19 05:24:20

one leotard in fuschia pink with my orange tutu
Doodle Sorry to correct you from Australia, but it's spelt "fuchsia" smile As a memory aid I always imagine a Scot saying "fooksia"!
Btw; I thought you said you're going as Ken Dodd? Wrong again! He's SIR Ken Dodd, but if you are going as Lady Dodd ( coming home as Lady Dodderer!?), remember your cheer squad will have to sport 50 shades of beige; his favourite colour for his afternoon matinee Seniors! grin
OoRoo