Gransnet forums

Games

Wednesday:l Miss Marydoll’s, Wacky, Witty, Wild and Wonderful, Brain Teaser.

(79 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 22-Apr-20 07:57:41

Good morning class,
Here we are again, happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company

I suspect that there are people looking in the windows, too nervous to post, please come in, we don't bite! grin

HINT
This is more of a brain teaser, it has nothing to do with mathematical operations.

Marydoll Wed 22-Apr-20 23:34:34

?

Callistemon Wed 22-Apr-20 23:07:37

I call Doodle Shaun the sheep now, * Miss*, since I chopped her hair to get the gum out.

Shorn.
She's not really a sheep but she did bleat a lot about her hair. Don't know why she's making a fuss, it will last all through the lockdown.

Doodle Wed 22-Apr-20 23:04:44

Baaa ?

Marydoll Wed 22-Apr-20 23:02:20

Why is Shaun in my class? That's all I need! ?????????

More chaos.?

Callistemon Wed 22-Apr-20 22:35:03

Oh dear, I forgot
Shaun the Sheep!!

grin [ grin] grin

Doodle Wed 22-Apr-20 21:17:36

Wot we’d I do wiv your ribbon callistemon? ?. If you remembers correct I’ve add all my hair cut off when sumone put gum in it! I’d look for sumone wiv long hair.

Callistemon Wed 22-Apr-20 20:54:22

Someone took one of my nice gingham ribbons. Was it you?

You bin behind the bike sheds drinking that cheap stuff?

Doodle Wed 22-Apr-20 20:50:51

callistemon it weren’t my boyfriend coz he’s relly nice. I fink it woz someone else but not saying who,

That’s alrite Miss I knows your busy.

pantglas why have yor eyes gone red? An you keep giggling. Your breff smells funny too. Hav you bin in the bottom draw ?. You mite lose a baj for that ??

Callistemon Wed 22-Apr-20 20:23:54

I like Maths, my brain resists teasing!!

It's not fair, Miss
And someone pulled my plaits, it could have been Doodle's boyfriend.

I don't like boys
They're aliens.

Marydoll Wed 22-Apr-20 19:56:17

Class, did I mention Maths in the title?
I said it was a brain teaser.
I also said that it had nothing to do with mathematical operations. ?

You need to read the hints. ?

Pantglas2 Wed 22-Apr-20 19:51:42

Shnone left willa ....? hic!

willa45 Wed 22-Apr-20 19:46:34

I'm with Callistemon on this one! Some of us have to rely solely on logic and this is precisely the sort of trickery that can exact serious damage on frail egos. Most egos recover spontaneously but others may resort to various remedies.

So, on that note, I hear Miss has the Gin squirreled away in that bottom drawer. Who here can mix a 'killer' cocktail with Chocolate eggs and Gin? Cheers everyone!

Marydoll Wed 22-Apr-20 19:40:11

Sorry Doodle, got caught up in stuff, then forgot.
Very busy day.
X

Doodle Wed 22-Apr-20 19:25:52

Hello all Miss you didn’t do my puzzle that’s norty.

The answer(according To my boyfriend) is 19. Well done all those wot dun it rite ?

Callistemon Wed 22-Apr-20 18:12:54

Oh.

I thought it was maths.
Grumble grumble.

However, I am much cheered by the eggs, thankyou very much indeed, MissMary, those Lindt choccie ones don't make very good omelettes

Pantglas2 Wed 22-Apr-20 17:46:58

Thank you ?Miss - I’m standing gard over the gin draw....hic...he-hee! an dey can av one shweetie eech hic... she you in the morning, hic ... Mish!

Marydoll Wed 22-Apr-20 17:32:01

Good evening class.
Thank you all for participating, especially the newcomers. smile

ANSWER: 8.

EXPLANATION: The numbers on the right correspond to how many letters are in each number when it is spelled out.
Therer are eight letters in the word, fourteen.

I was trying to find a suitable prize. I have discovered there is something which is in short supply in the supermarkets, so that's the prize.

I got them from the class chicken coop, I know Callistemon will be really pleased!
I would prefer chocolate ones myself!

See you all tomorrow. Mr MaryDoll is eargerly awaiting his chicken Pakora etc. ?

PS: help yourself from the sweets in the second bottom drawer. ??
DO NOT open the bottom one. That's where I keep the gin. ?

JoyBloggs Wed 22-Apr-20 17:27:24

Scentia Wed 22-Apr-20 17:15:36

willa45 Wed 22-Apr-20 17:12:47

I'm here......and thank you Miss (and everyone) for your patience.

I woke up late today ...couldn't get out of bed. Not to worry, physically I'm fine, but I think being cooped up and hearing all those dire news reports, is finally getting to me.

My immediate answer is the most obvious one..... 7

Can't think very hard today, so that's all I have. I think I need another coffee!

Squiffy Wed 22-Apr-20 15:49:58

Doodle is the answer to your boyfriend’s puzzle 19?

Oopsminty Wed 22-Apr-20 15:03:55

Ah, thank you Doodle

Doodle Wed 22-Apr-20 15:02:20

oopsminty we don’t get the answer till later on so that willa and others who don’t come in till later get a go.

Miss comes in later and tells us the answers and sometimes we get treats. Miss are you going to try my puzzle too ?

Squiffy Wed 22-Apr-20 14:59:57

I think it’s 8 coz that looks like infinity and that’s how long it takes to solve this puzzle! My head hurts ?

Oopsminty Wed 22-Apr-20 14:58:21

Do we know what it is yet?