Gransnet forums

Games

Saturday: Miss MaryDoll’s Simply, Scintillating, Sassy Maths Class.

(43 Posts)
Marydoll Sat 25-Apr-20 09:52:06

Good morning class, as it's Saturday there is no pressure to be in class. However, I know some of the swots like a challenge and some of you have a lot of work to do, to get in my good books! wink.
Doodle, it's ok to bring your boyfriend....just this once.

Once again, my thanks to Anthony for his Maths Mash up puzzles.
I believe it's Guacamole Day, hence the puzzle.
Do you see what I have done here: integrated learning? grin

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 22:40:38

I get it now Miss my boy fren had to splain it. I’ll need a day to recuver. Sees you Mundy Miss

Marydoll Sat 25-Apr-20 21:53:42

Sorry, Doodle
Chilli 3
Lime 1
Avocado 6
Salt 9
Guacamole 18

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 21:22:10

But Misswots the anser.? ?

Marydoll Sat 25-Apr-20 19:51:28

Hi Class, as it's Sunday tomorrow, I think we should take a break and come back fresh on Monday.

Anyway, I have run out of bleach and the internal ultra violet light has lost its ultra.
I will need to source another, but it seems to be sold out everywhere. sad ??‍♀️

Bathsheba Sat 25-Apr-20 19:05:49

Don't anyone let Pantglas fall in the canal on the way home from school - with all those badges she will sink like a stone shock

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 18:07:10

Ok I cheeted. I lok at puzzler’s anser an I can see sort of how she got that. But not why. Miss when you give the rite answr can you splain to me y or how coz I don unnerstand ?. I wish willa woz here so she cld elp me. Ave you got any gin left Miss ?

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 17:58:04

I’m back goin try sum agin. But I weally don’t get it Miss ?

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 17:57:10

Snigger. Snigger. *pantglas is player her organ ??....snigger snigger.

Pantglas2 Sat 25-Apr-20 15:35:32

Well! Just becoz Miss gave me a day off for bein the bestest iestadae doesn’t mean you can all be orrible to me - castin nasturtiums that I woz misbehavin or got an angova!

I bin prepearin for tomorras Sundae Skool where I will be Singin Monitor (and yes Doodle it will mean nother baj to add to my iwmongus clecshun).

Miss has assed me to chews a song an it’s gonna be ‘Jesus wants me for a Honeybee’ wot we all noe so I spect you all to be wyrd prefect. I will be playin the organ an I don’t want any rood rimarcs bout that.....

Bathsheba Sat 25-Apr-20 14:14:54

Where is Pantglas? Hope she's OK. Surely the hangover has worn off by now hmm

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 14:03:01

Miss he can’t do it either ??? I don unerstand it. Sowy.

I’ll let I’m ave anover go.

I spect Myrtle is sunbaving an pantglas in bein sun monitor ?

Marydoll Sat 25-Apr-20 13:48:49

Good afternoon class! I'm popping into hand out the ?

Saxifrage, Gillybob, JoyBloggs, all PMed the correct answer. ? Well done all. I hope I haven't missed anyone.
I can't comment on Puzzler's answer, in case anyone else wants to try.
I will be back later.
Doodle, as tour boyfriend.
I suspect that Myrtle has defected to another class. ?Was it something I said??

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 13:35:05

miss I’m going for a lie down. My brain ain’t workin an I can’t do it. I’m goin roun the bike shed to lok for pantglas

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 13:19:24

No ? wot Miss goody two shoes ?

Bathsheba Sat 25-Apr-20 13:09:35

Have you looked behind the boys' bike sheds Doodle?

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 12:56:08

Please Miss pantglas isn’t here yet. Do you fink she’s alrite.
I bet she can’t find one of her bajs.

Doodle Sat 25-Apr-20 12:53:34

puzzler welcome. Don’t worry Miss Doll’s class is fun and puzzles combined. I skipped over your answer so I can still do it ......except I probably won’t be able to work it out. I not very good at sums ?

Bathsheba Sat 25-Apr-20 12:52:28

S'okay Puzzler, Mr Trump says it's fine, and he runs the whole of America smile

Puzzler61 Sat 25-Apr-20 12:50:28

Yikes!

Bathsheba Sat 25-Apr-20 12:45:58

Nah, the virus hasn't reached Miss Doll's school and it isn't going to. She made sure it was hermetically sealed to keep it out. And when we arrive each morning we have to have a disinfectant injection to make sure we don't pass it on if we've got it wink

Puzzler61 Sat 25-Apr-20 12:43:26

Yes please Bathsheba - are the seats 2 metres apart so we can socially distance?

Bathsheba Sat 25-Apr-20 12:32:23

Puzzler don't worry! I don't mind, honest injun! Anyway, welcome to the class. Do you want to sit next to me as you're new? I can show you where Miss's secret stash of treats and gin is help you to settle in smile

Marydoll Sat 25-Apr-20 12:15:16

Stop it Puzzler, worse things have happened at sea!
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

JoyBloggs Sat 25-Apr-20 12:12:41

PMd my answer. And I promise I didn't copy Puzzler's answer so I'm hoping for a gold star today...

Puzzler61 Sat 25-Apr-20 12:03:01

Sincere Sorry Bathsheba and Marydoll.
And everyone.