Gransnet forums

Games

Wednesday's Brainteaser: Miss MaryDoll's Warmhearted, Welcoming, Witty, Wittering.

(55 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 06-May-20 08:59:33

Good morning class, no mathematical calculations today, a brainteaser for a change. Variety is the spice of life!

Please, Please don't post the solution, PM me if you wish.

A lift is on the ground floor. There are four people in the lift, including me.
When the lift reaches the first floor, one person gets out and three people get in. The lift goes up to the second floor, two people get out six people get in.
It then goes up to the next floor up, no one gets out, but 12 people get in. Halfway up to the next floor the cable snaps, and the lift crashes to the floor. Everyone else dies in the lift. How did I survive?

CraftyGranny Wed 06-May-20 13:25:09

@Marydoll testin testin

CraftyGranny Wed 06-May-20 13:26:36

Grrrr confused

Pantglas2 Wed 06-May-20 13:35:29

Wosh yore mouf out Doodle coz they isn seefru! My bits isn’t been seen by nobody, noweigh, that’s norty!

Sides, I bin hoam for dinna an chayngd cos I’d been sweppy afta PeeEe this mournin so ave stopd warin em now!

My niw ones ave flours ? on but done tel em boys or they mite wanna see if they is blooming!

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 13:46:47

No fanks Doods, I fink that mite maek fings wers cos it mite micks wiv the shurbot and tern it into sumfin lik that paist wot we yooz to stikk fings togevva. An blimey, I don wanner get awl stuk to my skul chare shock

mary51 Wed 06-May-20 13:48:27

Hello all. Went out to play and shop this morning. I put my shopping bags down on the way back on a quiet residential road and did hopscotch twice, it was chalked on a pavement!

Have PMed answer to second one.

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 13:53:58

CraftyGranny Im fraid yoo folode the rong strukshuns! Yore sposed to send Miss a PM - yoo av to clik on the words 'Private message' wot are abuv Miss Doll's posts, on the rite han side.
Wot yoo did was folode the strukshuns unner the messidge box. That don werk the saim, it jus puts wot yoo rite on this fred, but itz dressd to Miss Doll.

CraftyGranny Wed 06-May-20 14:00:17

Oh, so soz. am feelin a bit fik 2dae. But I av got sum gobstoprs if yu wan one.

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 14:33:35

Ooh yes pleez! Thare my fayvrit! Kan I av a blak wun? Cos I lik wipin it awl ova my lips so I luk lik a goff.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 06-May-20 15:50:52

Miss I’m late cos my computer didn’t work. Please don’t give me a detention. I have lots of ironing to do tonight and and still haven’t seen Daniel/Doctors. Off to work it ou.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 06-May-20 16:03:14

pantglas You’ll be able to sneak all sorts (not the liquorice ones) into class in the knicker pocket!

Callistemon Wed 06-May-20 16:03:49

I'm here! I have ??? but it is a bit burnt, sorree

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 17:24:32

Oh hello Callie, so pleezd yoo maed it in. I don mined bernt caik. It luks luvverly - I lik how yoov cuvverd up the bernt bit wiv icing, vewy clebba!

Marydoll Wed 06-May-20 17:25:22

Hi class, here we are again, happy as can be! grin

Glad you eventually made it, you regulars.

For, Callistemon, ?, MissTree, ? and Wila ? well done!

MissTree, you need to come into class and stop peering in the windows. We are dying to meet you! wink

The answers :
Q1: I got out at either the first or second floor.
Q2: You are the driver, so whatever colour your hair is, that is the answer.
The clue is in the first line. ?

See you tomorrow, all. Thanks for taking part.

willa45 Wed 06-May-20 17:47:21

Hello again and youse all here!

Miss, I PMd my answers

What's this? Miss, Miss, lookit.... I found these 'knickers' in my desk! Sum 1 thought it wuz empty but it's not 'cuz I'm here now!

Where I come from, we call them 'panties', so here, Pantglas you can hav'em. I hope you lyke'em 'cuz these ones are really funny lookin'. So, funny lookin' I thought they wuz a flowtayshun deevise.

wink

mary51 Wed 06-May-20 18:23:19

I must read the question properly in future!!!

willa45 Wed 06-May-20 18:53:25

Mary51....

Private Messaged (for the first time) recently and instead posted the answers to two puzzles for the entire world to see....well OK, not the entire world, only Miss Marydoll's Warmhearted, Welcoming etc. Anyway, it happens....

smile

Doodle Wed 06-May-20 18:58:59

mary51 don wurry. We all av to lern from sum won. Fankoo for joinin in ?

Doodle Wed 06-May-20 19:00:51

Cooe willa ow ar yu? I fink yu mite hav foun pants nickers. I don fink she’s ware in any ?

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 19:58:52

I fink Pants woz waring bloomin grate bloomas befor. I sore them anging doun unner her jimslip an I fort at furs she'd got er mums taybulcloff cort in her nickers or sumfink. Gawd nos wiy she woz waring them bloomas. Bloomin weerd if yoo ars me.

Doodle Wed 06-May-20 20:52:59

bathsheba doo yous fink she was smugglin sweeties in her bloomas? ?

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 21:09:09

Doods I fink it woz mor liklee she woz smugglin booz. Thare woz deffnitlee enuf room in them fore sevvrou bottuws ov jin or voddker.

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 21:15:07

An thas probly wiy thay woz angin doun, cos ov the wate ov the bottuws shock

Doodle Wed 06-May-20 22:39:42

Yes I fink yous was rite bathsheba she were klinking a bit wen she warked. I wunner wot she’ll do wiv it all. If she dwinks it she won be abel to cum to skul tomowow.?

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 23:06:08

Wel Im a bit wurrid abowt her Doods in cays she ternin into wun of them alkaseltsas. She shud probly go to the alkaseltsas anemone mouse meatings.

Doodle Wed 06-May-20 23:44:32

Oh yes. She cud get nover baj ?