Gransnet forums

Games

Wednesday (Is it Wednesday?): Wittering Miss MaryDoll’s Welcoming, Warm and Witty, Weekday Maths Class.

(103 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 08:22:04

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER ON THIS THREAD OR IT'S DENTENTION FOR YOU!
PM me if you wish an ?.

Good morning class here we go again, happy as can be. I hope some of the new classmates have a go today.

A money-conscious student likes to wear a clean shirt every day. He brings his shirts to the laundromat every Monday morning and picks them up exactly one week later. How many shirts does the budget-minded student need to own so that he has a clean shirt to put on every day?

The answer is NOT 8

Bathsheba Wed 13-May-20 21:53:17

Doods I not shore if wes aloud in skul urlee reelee. I jus memberd Miss as the kees cos the chairtaiker is on is ollidaze - I erd im torkin bout it wiv the kleenas yessday. So weel av to wate til Miss is in, then Ile sneek the kard rownd to everwun wile she ritin our sums on the blakbored.

Charleygirl5 Wed 13-May-20 21:11:37

Yes thank you, even I understood it!!!!

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 21:03:40

Sorry class, I don't know how many times I posted the answers earlier and they disappeared into the ether. I have become a doddery old teacher! sad.
I then was delayed by a family crisis (again).

Answer 15

EXPLANATION: 7 dirty shirts at the laundromat, 7 shirts to last until he picks them up, and the shirt he wears on Monday when he goes to the laundromat makes 15 in all.

He could get by with 14 by briefly wearing a dirty shirt Monday morning when he goes to the laundromat and changing in to one of the clean shirts he picks up.

Is that a satisfactory explanation? wink

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 20:29:58

Ars we goin to opin skul befour miss cums bathsheba? I goin twy get ups earwy so I kan elp wiv the decratshuns.?

Bathsheba Wed 13-May-20 20:19:33

Das bwillion Pants. I karn wate fore tomowow, itz so citing! Ive got the kard awl reddy fore awl of yooz to sine (tha meenz rite yore nams), so ile twy to get to skul reelee urlee beefor Miss cums in.

Ooh Squiffy I lik the eydear of doin a reel! I was in the darns klars at my las skul an we alwase perfumed fore the pairenz an teechers on speshul okaysjunz. My faivrit woz darnsin the atesum reel, an I woz so gud I got stiffigits an cups an evryfin!

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 20:19:29

Yes Squiffy! Wonda if Miss’s mirer wil cum wiv a fansee pear o shwws ?? wot she likes?

Squiffy Wed 13-May-20 20:06:08

We cud hav a kalee if sumwun can play the pypes. Miss wud lyke a darns and thers lots ov us to do atesum reeel or strip de wilo ??

Squiffy Wed 13-May-20 19:44:19

Pant yoo mus hav veree big mussels two ware all vose bajis. Vey mus beee veri hevvy ?️‍♀️?️‍♀️

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 19:40:28

pants wel dun. We iz reddy for th big da tmowwow. Miss deserbs a gud partee and wez kan does it ?

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 19:36:21

As Fishul partee cordynator I fink we as wyrkd wundas - the Skool is reddee for Miss’s Speshul Dae??? twomoro!

Orl strait ome forn urlee nite so we can freshas daysees for the moro......I’m feelin all poetyk! Well I ave got a Potree Monitor baj........

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 18:50:01

Yeah got it wight.
Hello all knew klass mates. We nose we not spielin gud but wes appy, aving fun and Miss Doll is the bestest teechr in the world. You is mos welcum to joyn us so joyn in. Yous will fine it moor dicult than yous fink to spel like wot we duz.
Cum an cellbrate wiv us morrow as itz Miss’s burfday and she is lubberly. Jus join in wez good gurls ?

Puzzler61 Wed 13-May-20 17:28:36

Feelingmyage Awl excitin’ parti stuf exept don’t bring the pinaplul. Too healthi.
???.
An’ only Miss is allowd 2 ‘av a stick.

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 17:13:06

I will be back later. I've posted the answers twice and they must be in a random thread or PM. blush

Feelingmyage55 Wed 13-May-20 17:01:51

PARTY. I am bringing a piñata and stick. The piñata will be full of soor plooms, penny dainties, chocolate caramels, sherbet dabs, sugar straw, lemonade rock, flying saucers and frizzers. I don’t look 18 so I can’t buy the party drinks.

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 16:59:53

I have just sent this in error, as a PM. I have truly lost the plot. If only I could have a glass of wine or two, or three, or.....!?????????

Doodle, wila and our new pupil Justwidowed , apples for you all.
???

Feelingmyage55 Wed 13-May-20 16:58:12

But miss, miss, hand up, finger clicking. You need to send him to pastoral care mis.

willa45 Wed 13-May-20 16:52:46

Wow, dun know how I made it in today! Took sum painkillers, put on a mask and gloves and got to market by senior hour, 8 am sharp (USA time)! Spent the entire morning washing and putting stuff away. Whew! Miss I PMd you earlier....I guess I got it wrong :O(

Did I hear we're throwing a party for Miss? I have booze, likker balls, leftover cupcakes and a pair of plastic sunglasses shaped like 2020! What can I bring?

Charleygirl, no one can replace our favorite teacher of all time, Miss MaryDoll! So, give it up already and come have fun with us....by the time Batsheba, Callistemon, Doodle, Feelingmyage, Mary51, Pantglas, Puzzler and Squiffy are done with ye, you'll be binging on gummy bears, hanging out behind the shed or sitting on the 'norty' step! grin grin grin

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 16:52:38

I'm overwhelmed class. ? You don't know how much I needed this.
I love you all.?

This saga of my SIL , Virgin Media and her son now in the mix , has lasted all afternoon and I'm wrung out!

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 16:40:24

bathsheba yous sew cleber to fink of a kard. Wun tween us soun good. Iz like the firs two bes.

Bathsheba Wed 13-May-20 16:35:07

Ooh Miss's burfdee is sowdin reelee gud now! Los of luvvlee eydears, wot I fink shes wil luv! So, wes got caek, bloons, buntin to ang rown the klarsrum, an dekrashuns. Oh, wot bout burfdee kards? Ar wes givvin er wun eech or jus wun big wun wot we awl rite owr nams on? I fink wun wil be best. Wes kan chews wun ov thees

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 16:33:50

bathsheba I hope youz got lots of loonies. We mus mak klass look good for Miss . I fink Miss wud win the comptishun. Gud eyedear pants yous mus av yous finkin cap on agen.?

Squiffy Wed 13-May-20 15:35:12

Gwud ideer Pantglas, wee cod giv Miss a cup? or a meddle.?

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 14:58:02

Ooh orl thees wunnerfl ayedeeas - shall I be Fishul Partee Cordnaytr? I’ll need notha baj, cors but it’s wel withn my incaypbilitees, I’m shure!

Squiffy- praps we shud enta Miss in the Glamrus Grannee comtishun in Buntins?

Sussex - can ewe writ lots o nots so that if we done feel wel afta Miss’s birfdae, we can skyve?

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 14:53:21

Ooh squiffy I ad to fink ard abut dat. Iz get yous know ?
Ello sussex welcum to klass. Miss duz klass mos days sussex but yous mussn rite the answr yous as to PM Miss so wez all kan av a go. ?

Puzzler61 Wed 13-May-20 14:51:59

Sssshhhhhhhhh I can’t eer nuttink .....