Gransnet forums

Games

Wednesday: Wittering Miss MaryDoll’s Wonderous, Wealth of Wacky Brain Teasers.

(77 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 20-May-20 08:58:28

Good Morning all, something a little different today to tease your brains.
It's a sunny day, so I'm not expecting you in school all day.
I will come back tonight and reveal the answers. Good luck!

Feel free to post your total on here, no need to PM. It doesn’t matter, as I’m sure there will lots of different answers.

There are over 25 clubs hidden in the image! How many can YOU find?
If you click on the image, it should be easier to see.

Bathsheba Wed 20-May-20 21:46:06

Doods I av pee immd Maw too, kos I woz sad dat she got upsett, finkin we awl wur kros wiv er. Cos we wurnt. She iz luvverlee an wudden do ennyfink to hert ennyboddee. Or eeven hert flise!

willa45 Wed 20-May-20 20:51:21

Delishus choklit eyes kweam Doodle! Fank yoo. I git sum 'brain freeze' frum likkin it so long. I mus' go now, so I kin git 'ome afore bedtime. So it's By By den... 'n 'll see ye'ol 'amarow sunshine

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 20:25:19

Miss an willa I av PMd Maw I no she a wuberly persun an der hole fing was a Miss unner standin. It woz sum one els I woz ritin bout. maw wooden urt a fly. ?.
willa iz so glad yous ere I woz wurrit bout yous. As yous ad yous eyes cweam? ?

Marydoll Wed 20-May-20 19:57:34

wila, lovely to see you. Maw was a teacher in another life, I think.
Like goody two shoes me, I suspect it is not in her nature to misbehave.........or is it? wink

willa45 Wed 20-May-20 19:51:38

I'se hear again n' am OK Doodle. Fank yoo for lookin' out fer me.....and I 'appen t'no MawB from meny udder freds and kin tell ye she'n no snitch.

Whew!....('autocorrect' is working again).

Miss, sorry for being so late. I've been busy working on our yard..... also, couldn't blow up the image to see any clubs let alone count them all.

....and to whom it may concern (or not).....this class is a real hoot and we have plenty of fun making believe we're all six again. So I'm really happy you joined us Maw and please write whatever nonsense you care to misspell, 'cuz that's what we do here and as others have reiterated, no offense intended...only fun and laughter!

PS. ...and a special baked apple (with nuts and cinnamon) for those of you here who regularly translate all my mispelled 'Americanisms' day after day! grin

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 19:13:50

miss don wowy we lives yous as yous ar an know yous feeling a bit pourly coz of yours arfuritis. We jus appy to cum ere wiv our fren and av sum fun. I kan even member wot myne anser woz. I’ll abe two lik it up.
If yous kums bac maw iz PMd yous. ?
Iz a bit wowied bout willa. Op she’s ok.

CraftyGranny Wed 20-May-20 19:10:54

Don't blame you. take care

Marydoll Wed 20-May-20 19:08:43

It was the way it posted, sorry. I will have to be more careful in future. It's quite difficult to make the image fit the criteria for posting.
I wasn't quite with it this morning, after my sleepless night!
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! blush

CraftyGranny Wed 20-May-20 19:03:05

Miss that picture is different from the first one you posted. Fred Flinstone didn't have a head, and there wasn't an umbrella or a cloud. Or was it my screen?
Good challenge though. grin
OMG I can spell

Marydoll Wed 20-May-20 18:55:48

Good evening class and a special thanks to Charleygirl for holding the fort.

Answer 42
Well done if you were anywhere near it. It was pretty tricky, eapecially for the older members of the class!

I promise tomorrow's will be much easier.

PS. Maw glad to see you on the thread! wink
I hope wila is OK.

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 18:49:53

That puzzle I think was too hard for us, especially after a day at school. I needed several lie-downs. I wonder what the real answer is because my eyes were crossing over several times.

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 18:45:37

Ooh wear is my fren willa she not cum into skul toda. I wunna if she ok. ?
kalu glad u mayde it.?

Kalu Wed 20-May-20 18:32:50

I managed 33 before my eyes completely crossed enough making focussing impossible?

CraftyGranny Wed 20-May-20 18:23:57

anuver ly down....

CraftyGranny Wed 20-May-20 18:22:07

i dont fink the futbawl cownts as a klub Bath. I pwinted the piktur wen the sektry went to the loo an de futbawl asnt got a klub on it. I can styl sea onli 35....
my ayea ar skwint I cant sea I av not got me speks wiv me. Ooo that wud be a gud song tikle.

I av lost it! confused. i am goin for a ly down

Pantglas2 Wed 20-May-20 18:08:51

Ewe wil knead Aye Dee ?to sho ewe is ole nuff to get in thoes dens o niquity, Bathsheba. Shall I pwint won fore ewe wen the Skool Secktry as gon ome?

Bathsheba Wed 20-May-20 18:00:49

Ive kownted the futbawl klub, klub samwij, gof klub, an the buk klub. Klub as so menny meeninz!

Rite, Im goin klubbin twonite. Ennywun wonna kum wiv me?

Beechnut Wed 20-May-20 17:20:00

Squiffy Wed 20-May-20 16:52:15

I wunderd if de klub samiges cownted Charley. i fort Miss woz trikkin us aggen!

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 16:37:57

mary51 neither did I- it was Miss telling us there were many more numbers than we thought were there so I then saw golf clubs and club sandwiches which made a difference to the numbers. I am assuming I am correct of course.

Marydoll Wed 20-May-20 16:22:45

I've only got my phone just now, but will upload the answers later.
So if anyone else wants to have a go, you have a couple of hours.

mary51 Wed 20-May-20 16:09:33

I never thought of counting football teams.

Bathsheba Wed 20-May-20 15:50:13

Miss Charley (shouwtin fom the skul gaits) Is getted 42 aswel in the end!

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 15:30:29

OMG Miss Marydoll that puzzle was very difficult for my pea brain.

I do not like to be defeated and I have spent more time on it than I care to admit but I think the number is 42. I suddenly realised I had to add a football club, golf club, clubhouse, club sandwich etc to get beyond my 28 or so. I now need a lie down.

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 15:17:40

willa if yous cum in yous eyes cweam is in d fweezer. pants did it. I fink she woz bein cined ?. Cumin bath weight four me. Fankoo Miss charley for d eyes cweam an lettin us goes erwy ?