Gransnet forums

Games

what is fortnight?

(8 Posts)
garlicbreadisnice Wed 06-Jan-21 16:18:21

my grandson says he plays a game called fortnight can someone explain thank you all ?

Elegran Wed 06-Jan-21 16:20:57

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnite

ginny Wed 06-Jan-21 16:21:30

Perhaps it would a good idea to ask him .

Sarnia Wed 06-Jan-21 16:24:35

Fortnite is an on-line video game that has to save the world from things like zombies. Although I have several grandchildren, only 1 is a boy and he isn't into computer games, so I don't know a lot about it. My friends tell me that there grandchildren can get quite addicted to it and there may be an age limit to playing it. I am sure there will be others who can tell you more.

Sarnia Wed 06-Jan-21 16:25:23

Sorry their not there.

lemongrove Wed 06-Jan-21 16:26:14

Basically your gaming character gets parachuted into enemy territory and you all have to eliminate others before they get you!
I have played it, and just hide out in a house and hope I can hang on a long time.....but they eventually find you!??
Fortunately teenage DGS has moved onto other things now.

Grandma70s Wed 06-Jan-21 16:33:33

My grandson likes it. He’s nearly twelve. I suppose there are worse things he could be doing, but it seems a pretty pointless occupation to me.

Lyndylou Wed 06-Jan-21 17:15:50

My DGS (13) loves it. Although DD does limit his gamimg time, it has been a godsend in that he has a few school friends that he plays with online now we are back in lockdown, so it is giving him a bit of a social life.