Gransnet forums

Games

Story time. Write 3 sentences to continue the story

(230 Posts)
nanna8 Mon 25-Jan-21 10:10:36

Once upon a time there was a young girl who lived in a small village near the sea. One day she decided to go for a midnight walk along the beach. Suddenly she became aware that someone was following her.....

biglouis Sun 02-May-21 11:37:28

He was a real stunner. Long blond hair flicked carelessly from one side to another. And those red spiky heels ...

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 01-May-21 11:37:46

Blimey, the change in him was so hard to take in. He'd been a rugger player and had plied the dark arts of the scrum. But now, dressed in such overtly feminine clothes ...

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 30-Apr-21 19:56:54

‘Don’t worry about my dog. Here let me put her in my rucksack.’ The gigantic transvestite scooped up his dog as Frank stared transfixed at someone he had known many years ago at Primary School.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 30-Apr-21 19:47:07

and as he came out of the cubicle, clicked his heels together and roared, ‘Rosie Mallony, as I live and breathe!’ Frank turned pale and stammered, Is this your dog? I think I’ve squashed him.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 30-Apr-21 16:22:41

‘You should have gone to the Ladies’, written in a fine purple script. Frank looked around and noticed that one of the cubicle doors was locked. The occupant was wearing an enormous pair of red patent stilettos...

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 30-Apr-21 16:01:54

... chihuahua. How on earth did that get in here? It yapped at him and then he noticed a message tied around its neck ...

Dragonella Wed 21-Apr-21 17:25:36

... to the empty Gents' toilets, where a brown leather bag lay dumped in one corner. Frank picked it up and looked around for further clues, when the cracked mirror above the hand-basin clouded over, and a message suddenly appeared on the steamy surface: JL WILL FIND YOU. Hurrying to the door, Frank tripped over a small...

Mollygo Tue 20-Apr-21 16:37:36

none of whom wanted their membership made public. But could his daughter possibly be aware of this connection and what information would forensics throw up?
A quick look round showed nothing and no one suspicious so he made his way . . .

Aldom Tue 20-Apr-21 16:01:30

Time to continue the story?? Someone, please.

Aldom Sat 10-Apr-21 15:32:53

Correction.... For Ian, please read Frank

Aldom Sat 10-Apr-21 15:26:54

.... Hampshire. Swinging in to the car park of an ancient Inn, Ian's car screeched to a halt. The Blue Rose was the meeting place of the Blue Rose Secret Society. Among its members were high ranking businessmen like himself....

Dragonella Fri 09-Apr-21 23:12:29

Something was definitely wrong with Ian, so Frank realised there was no point in phoning him again. Still bewildered as to the meaning of the message he'd received that morning, he was convinced it had some connection with the daughter he had not seen for seven years, ever since the last cryptic message she had sent him, which simply said: JL THE BLUE ROSE WINCHESTER. Seizing his overcoat and briefcase, Frank left the bank and headed for...

Mollygo Thu 08-Apr-21 13:57:29

The panic he had heard in the caller’s voice banished his anger and but added further anxiety.
Where was she? Had the people she thought were following her finally caught up and seized her?

Smileless2012 Thu 08-Apr-21 13:49:26

Ian picked up the 'phone almost immediately. "where the hell have you been" he said with a mixture of fear and anger, but before he could reply, the call was disconnected.

Sarnia Thu 08-Apr-21 13:42:35

for him to find out who had sent him that message. It had all happened years ago and never had he felt the slightest concern that he was about to be exposed until this morning. He was owed a few favours here and there. Time to call one in. His contact in forensics may come up with something from the letter.

Aldom Wed 07-Apr-21 19:08:10

..... But the group of serious looking men walked past Frank without a second glance. Frank quickened his step and headed for the lift. Perhaps his secret was safe for long enough.....

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 02-Apr-21 12:28:57

... their faces expressed very grave and serious matters which were on their collective minds. He wished he hadn't been such a fool. The saddest words, 'if only' preyed so badly on his worried mind ...

Aldom Thu 01-Apr-21 15:49:03

.... at the international bank where he was the Chief Financial Officer. As he hurried across the marble floor of the foyer a group of smartly dressed men headed towards him. For a moment Frank froze.....

Sarnia Thu 01-Apr-21 08:41:50

Frank picked up the post from the doormat and opened the letter addressed to him. He unfolded the sheet of paper to find it covered in words cut and pasted from newspapers. With shaking hands Frank read the message. 'I know who you really are and everyone else will know soon'. With a dry mouth and a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach, Frank made his way to work.........

Aldom Mon 29-Mar-21 20:30:44

and said, 'Logan, you are the love of my life. I'm tired of all this running away'. Logan swept Jeanie into his arms, hailed a taxi and away they went to their cottage by the sea. The End

Aldom Wed 24-Mar-21 19:39:28

Along came Henrywotshisname, the real undercover, tractor driving detective!! He hadn't drowned when he was washed off the cliff. Producing a set of handcuffs he arrested Letts, the impostor detective. After helping Jeanie up from where she lay he called to Logan, who had been wearing a mask, hence his featureless facial appearance. Jeanie looked into Logan's eyes and....

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 23-Mar-21 12:27:03

If it wasn't that wretched Letts woman, this time wearing hob nailed boots, working undercover. Her disguise wasn't very convincing as her pretend moustache had come slightly unstuck. As it flapped in the wind ...

raffygranny Mon 22-Mar-21 20:24:32

"Please help me she cried" before noticing he was without facial features. She screamed and turned to run but tripped and fell. She heard a loud thud and someone with a heavy tread making their way towards her.

Aldom Mon 22-Mar-21 19:32:28

Logan was sitting right there in the coffee shop enjoying a coffee. Jeanie hesitated, what should she do? Was she still in love with Logan? As she stood transfixed Logan looked up....

nanna8 Mon 22-Mar-21 07:44:12

a coffee shop selling freshly brewed arabica coffee. She forgot about the cut on her head and made straight for her morning fix only to find that