Gransnet forums

Games

Ask the Person Below You a Question: Thread Four! Countdown to C********! ?

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Thu 02-Sep-21 06:33:14

Welcome to the Fourth Thread, Questioners and Answerers!

Are you feeling Autumnal?

FannyCornforth Wed 15-Dec-21 13:51:25

Much better health for my better half, and improved mobility for me. Please God ?

Right! Onto the new thread! Thank you everyone! Xxx

biglouis Wed 15-Dec-21 12:57:11

Mine was "whats the best gift youve ever been given" and it was a furry slanket - one of those blankets with arms that you can put over you while you snuggle down to watch TV.

What is your (reasonable) dream for 2022 given the current circumstances?

Mine would be just to get back to how things were at the beginning of 2019

FannyCornforth Wed 15-Dec-21 11:17:26

No. Not a fan of New Year at all. I’ve always found it rather depressing.
And the pubs are full of amateurs!

Only two more posts to go! ?
What has been your favourite question /s on this thread?

AGAA4 Wed 15-Dec-21 10:39:22

Yes I do like anchovies.

Do you celebrate New Year. I used to but don't much now.

nanna8 Wed 15-Dec-21 10:34:44

I love sprouts and if I can get any we will have them . I pre steam them then sautée them in butter. They are not in season here though now and will probably cost heaps. We have sprouts, pumpkin, roast potatoes and green beans traditionally though if it is going to be super hot we will revert to avocado and mango salads.

Do you like anchovies? My husband loves them but they are a bit salty for me.

henetha Wed 15-Dec-21 10:30:49

Oh sorry DanniRae. I'll back out. I'm getting paranoid about wretched sprouts! (I don't like bread sauce)

henetha Wed 15-Dec-21 10:29:27

Well, yes, I do just boil them (not for toooo long) and love them. But I gather you can fry them, or serve them with nuts?
I'm glad I'm not the only one with annual sprout worries.
DanniRae smile

Does everyone have sprouts with Christmas dinner?
If not, what veg do you prefer?

DanniRae Wed 15-Dec-21 10:25:21

Question: Do you have bread sauce with your Christmas Dinner? We don't - just lovely gravy! (Bisto gravy granules - yummy)

DanniRae Wed 15-Dec-21 10:22:47

henetha

Sprouts. I worry that I won't be able to find any fresh Brussels sprouts near to Christmas day. Every year I worry about this!
And cream to go with the Christmas pudding.

How do you cook your sprouts? I do love them anyway, but would welcome new ideas about how to serve them.

I am just the same regarding sprouts! Happily my daughter - and rest of my family - all come to us for Christmas and Boxing Day and she does the cooking - HOORAH!! If she cooked the sprouts in any other way than the normal boiling them I think there would be a riot!! tchwinktchgrin

henetha Wed 15-Dec-21 10:06:58

Sprouts. I worry that I won't be able to find any fresh Brussels sprouts near to Christmas day. Every year I worry about this!
And cream to go with the Christmas pudding.

How do you cook your sprouts? I do love them anyway, but would welcome new ideas about how to serve them.

Mollygo Wed 15-Dec-21 09:43:11

Shinamae ??mine doesn’t either! I’m on my 4th lot of mince pies and I’ll probably have to make more. Likewise with shortbread! The cake is still pristine though!

Do you have a ‘panic’ item at Christmas? For some insane reason I always worry that I’ll run out of tomatoes and teabags. Teabags aren’t so bad because they’ll keep, but who wants surplus of tomatoes?

Shinamae Wed 15-Dec-21 09:33:31

No(recovering alcoholic ?)

Does all of your Christmas fare stay untouched til at least Christmas Eve? Mine most certainly doesn’t..?

TillyTrotter Wed 15-Dec-21 07:58:56

“I Will Always Love You”, the Dolly Parton version in a lower key!

Do you make mulled wine at Christmas?

FannyCornforth Wed 15-Dec-21 05:09:40

CrazyH I’m the same as you, it used to be once a week, but is more like once a fortnight now

What is your karaoke song? (As in which song can you sing confidently)
Mine is Faith by George Michael, or Copacabana by the mighty Barry.

crazyH Wed 15-Dec-21 00:19:44

Changing the bed clothes. I have gone on YouTube to find an easy way, but I found all the tips, didn’t work for me. So, my bedsheets are changed only once a fortnight. And I don’t feel the need to shorten the intervals because I have a shower every night, before bed.

How often do you change your bed linen?

biglouis Tue 14-Dec-21 23:54:45

No because I dont drive a car!

Whats you most hated household chore?

Mine is putting out and bringing in the bins.

AGAA4 Tue 14-Dec-21 16:41:37

Brandy sauce usually but I used to make rum sauce years ago.

Do you know how to do checks on your car. Oil, tyres etc?

BBbevan Tue 14-Dec-21 16:26:58

Yes in small amounts. My son would eat Pigs in Blankets and gravy for the whole of his Christmas dinner

What do you have with your Christmas pudding. White sauce, custard, cream, brandy butter, ?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 14-Dec-21 16:08:46

Sorry to those of you with a sensitive disposition - my last but one cat (unbeknown to me) brought in a mouse and it must have run off to hide. One morning when putting on my boots it felt like there was something odd inside one of them. Oh dear, it was the half-decomposed body of the poor little mouse which had to be disposed of.

Do you like pigs-in-blankets? Home-made or shop-bought?

Mollygo Tue 14-Dec-21 14:28:53

What’s the worst thing your pet has ever done?

Mollygo Tue 14-Dec-21 14:28:19

Just posted 42. All the rest are electronic. I wasn’t quick enough to stop the pup grabbing and chewing half a packet of 2nd class stamps, so postage was even more expensive.

AGAA4 Tue 14-Dec-21 11:59:35

47 too. Wouldn't that be good!

Do you send many Christmas cards?

hollysteers Tue 14-Dec-21 11:36:06

A nutribullet by my daughter. I’m not keen on eating fruit so it fits the bill.

What age would you be if your age was flipped?
(47)

FannyCornforth Tue 14-Dec-21 02:30:09

Your Christmas sounds fabulous CrazyH
In answer to your question, I’m child free. If I did have AC I would shower them with gifts!

What’s the best gift that you have ever been given?

crazyH Mon 13-Dec-21 15:16:48

Unusually busy Christmas schedule. Well, just back from a weekend with the family (4 toddlers included) - Tea with Santa, then nice Saturday evening meal with the family. Back home Sunday after late breakfast.
Another meal out on 22nd with middle son and his little family, then 28th, going with daughter and her friend to Ballet and then Dinner at a nice restaurant. Bringing in the New Year at a nice Hotel with middle son and family, including his in-laws.
Usually my Xmases are quiet, lunch with daughter and and will probably visit the other children.

Do you buy gifts for your adult children or would you rather gove them money? I give mostly mostly, but will give a small token gift, for them to unwrap.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion