Gransnet forums

Games

How are you getting on with Wordle?

(77 Posts)
gransruleok Fri 18-Mar-22 10:11:44

Just couldn’t get yesterday’s Wordle - did you? Some days it’s quite difficult. Do others agree?

BlueBelle Sun 20-Mar-22 06:14:41

Well some intelligent person will have to tell me what Sersai means as Google doesn’t recognise it

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Mar-22 06:27:39

Never heard of it either BlueBelle

BlueBelle Sun 20-Mar-22 06:36:35

Just realised it’s got 6 letters anyway
shysal help us out was it a misprint ?

shysal Sun 20-Mar-22 07:34:10

Sorry, it was a typo blush. The word is SERAI. It is an alternative for caravanserai, an inn with a courtyard for travellers in Asia and Africa.

Sara1954 Sun 20-Mar-22 07:51:06

Failed today!
Too many choices, kept guessing, and kept guessing wrong!
Off to try quordle now.

BlueBelle Sun 20-Mar-22 07:55:01

Thanks Shysal Not a word that springs to my attention ?
Umm can’t say that’s one I would ever get
I usually try and use at least two vowels like coast, poach, store, and for my distraction use a different word each day otherwise I d get bored

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Mar-22 07:59:47

I’m incredibly surprised that your word is included Shysal!

Oldernewgranny Sun 20-Mar-22 08:34:47

Love Wordle but a lot of luck involved depending on my first word choice.

I’ve been trying Earthle which shows the shape of a country because I love geography. The pop up ads are so annoying though. Also if you don’t guess it in six, you’re not given the answer. Failed once so far.

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Mar-22 08:50:06

Oldnernewgranny
Have you seen Worldle?
It sounds right up your street, quite a few on here do it.
I don’t bother with it because I’m absolutely useless at geography!

Daisymae Sun 20-Mar-22 11:24:09

I started to think that I was really good at Wordle - then I failed! Pride comes before a fall. blush

MiniMoon Sun 20-Mar-22 11:24:11

Excelled myself today. I got it in three tries. My average is four.

hulahoop Sun 20-Mar-22 11:31:51

Got it in 3 today a lucky chance methinks

BlueBalou Sun 20-Mar-22 11:36:53

My success is very hit and miss! My average is 4 or 5 ?

Oldernewgranny Sun 20-Mar-22 16:52:11

Thanks for the suggestion FannyCornforth, I’ve downloaded it. Today’s was tough but look forward to tomorrow’s effort.

TillyTrotter Sat 26-Mar-22 09:17:57

Mine is hit and miss too BlueBalou . I have got worse not better as time has gone on. I must widen my vocabulary !! ?

Elegran Sat 26-Mar-22 09:46:57

For the first two or three lines, Wordle is bound to be hit or miss. The first line is basically a blind guess - a shot in the dark which, if you are lucky, may get you one letter of a completely unknown word but in the wrong place, and if you are very lucky, the right letter in the right place. The second line gives you a chance to guess (again) at one word out of thousands containing those letters. It is only at the third line that you start using logic and intelligence, and even then you rely on the luck of the first two lines.

You can improve your chances by starting with the more common letters in the English language, and by having a large vocabulary, but you still depend heavily on your success in the earlier blind-guess stages.

GoldenLady Mon 04-Apr-22 15:27:13

I've gotten it in three tries a couple of times, probably dumb luck more than anything. Most days it takes me 4 or 5 tries. Some of the words are awfully obscure.

GoldenLady Sun 17-Apr-22 15:29:02

I always get it, but it takes a varying amount of guesses. The best I ever did was 2. (Just pure luck). The worst was 6. Usually 4 is the "magic number."

dustyangel Sun 17-Apr-22 16:06:37

My daughter got me hooked on it when they visited last month. I think she’s trying to make sure my brain keeps working. Usually I get it in four or five but one glorious day I managed it in two goes, and yes Elegran it was pure luck. grin

Harris27 Sun 17-Apr-22 16:11:45

Harder some days than others but I’m usually doing it in three.

Sago Sun 17-Apr-22 16:44:43

It’s luck if your first word is close then it’s easy.
Here’s mine from a few weeks ago….. lucky or what?

Kim19 Sun 17-Apr-22 16:54:43

Absolutely love it. Played 96. Only failed once with a word I'd never heard of so I don't mind that. Have 10 6s which is not so brilliant. Never thought I'd say this but I'm content with it being once a day. Part of the novelty for me perhaps.

mrstin Sun 17-Apr-22 16:59:25

I like Worldle too. At least it gives you the answer if you fail to guess in 6 turns.

worldle.teuteuf.fr

GoldenLady Sat 28-May-22 15:40:36

Got yesterday's in 2 guesses! (Probably just dumb luck).

dolphindaisy Sat 28-May-22 19:29:56

Just discovered it yesterday, now I'm hooked, at least it keeps me away from Candy Crush