Gransnet forums

Games

Ask a Question to the Person Below: ? 6️⃣

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 05-Apr-22 08:20:18

Hello All! ? ?
I’ve tried to be more grammatically correct with the title this time.

Do you enjoy musical theatre?
??
Which is your favourite?

I love Jesus Christ Superstar; Cabaret; Oliver!; Sweeney Todd; Oklahoma
I could go on and on…

FannyCornforth Thu 04-Aug-22 07:25:56

New thread!
www.gransnet.com/forums/games/1313820--Ask-a-Question-etc-etc-7

SachaMac Wed 03-Aug-22 20:44:34

When the supermarkets completely change the layout in store and you can’t find anything. Then you just start to get used to it & they go and do the same thing all over again.

If you could visit any place or period in history just for one day what would you choose.

ginny Wed 03-Aug-22 15:56:17

Luckily I don’t have to do it. That’s one of DHs jobs.

I hate it when companies change their website when I know how to negotiate it. Improving it they say, making it more user friendly. Not when it takes me all afternoon to work out how to use the new one.
What changes don’t you like ?

biglouis Wed 03-Aug-22 13:50:28

Id like to replace everything with a fully functioning robot (of the kind you see in sf films) who would do all the housework, answer the door, bring in the bins and do all the things I dont want to do. Then they would simply step back into their cupboard when I did not need them.

Dont you just hate putting the bins out and bringing them back in? They are so bl***y heavy and clumsy.

henetha Wed 03-Aug-22 09:49:38

For Russia to step back and start behaving.
For my son to buy a house with a granny flat on the side for me to live in.
For a cure for all cancers.

I burnt the toast again. I think I need a new toaster. What household item would you like to replace?

biglouis Tue 02-Aug-22 23:31:52

I would love it! Think about getting into places where you were not allowed!

If you found Aladdin's magic lamp what would your 3 wishes be?

Mine Tue 02-Aug-22 22:10:47

I live a bus ride away from the Art Galleries in Glasgows West end....I never get tired of visiting this wonderful museum...I took my children and now I take my GC...

Would you like to be invisible for a day

ginny Tue 02-Aug-22 20:58:01

Not really , it doesn’t get that messy anyway. Usually a few pens, crayons, and childrens books laying around.

We have a very interesting museum in our small town.
Does your town / village have a local museum ?

hollysteers Tue 02-Aug-22 19:13:28

Taking trips into the countryside and visiting market towns and cathedral cities new to me.

If you drive, are you fussy about cleaning the inside of your car?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 02-Aug-22 16:44:51

I love to see new flowers in the Spring (or any season) which are emerging successfully. At the moment it's Japanese Anemone and Agapanthus.

Same question again please.

MrsKen33 Tue 02-Aug-22 16:41:28

Shade and a pool I think, or immediate access to the sea.

It has been raining all day here, it smells really fresh outside and all the scorched and wilted plants have recovered. Amazing what nature does. That gives me a real lift. What does it for you ?

Mollygo Tue 02-Aug-22 14:11:04

I’m mostly fiction if it’s historical times. I like elements of accurate history e.g. Plantagenets but I’d rather read fiction about people who lived around that time than the actual lives of the historical characters.

It’s 36° here. What makes it bearable is that I’m on holiday, our house has a pool and the shops and restaurants are air conditioned.

Would that make it bearable for you?

crazyH Tue 02-Aug-22 13:33:06

I’m a case-watcher and would like to have been hovering overhead to see who actually killed OJSimpson’s wife Nicole and Ron Goldman .

Are you into fact or fiction, in terms of books or Tv? I’m certainly a ‘fact’ person. I rarely watch a film or read a book unless it’s fact based

biglouis Tue 02-Aug-22 12:29:50

The furthest I have travelled was to Bali (back in the 1970s) and the flight time (with 2 stops) was 24 hours.

If you could go back as a time traveller and witness (as an invisible onlooker) any event in history what would it be?

I would like to find out what "really" happened in the Madeleine McCann case as there are so many unanswered questions still.

crazyH Tue 02-Aug-22 11:05:00

Brie, for sure

What’s the furthest you have travelled and the longest travel including time at airports. Mine was to Colombia, South America - almost 48 hours

henetha Tue 02-Aug-22 10:48:50

No I wasn't. My middle name is Elizabeth and that was after the little Princess Elizabeth, as she was then. I wish it was my first name. I have occasionally used it, just for fun.

What kind of cheese do you like? I tidied my cheese box yesterday and there was Cheddar, Brie, and St.Agur in it.
I'm going to eat up the Brie today as it's very ripe now.

Mollygo Tue 02-Aug-22 10:18:09

I always wanted to be called Elizabeth. Elizabeth had curly hair and had lots of chances to move when we played ‘letters in your name’. My middle name is almost my username.
Were you named after anyone in your family?

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Aug-22 07:51:56

We used to have a gorgeous Jaguar. It was dark blue and had the silver cat on the bonnet.
I don’t drive and don’t know much about cars, but I do much prefer old, classic cars.
I don’t like being low down though.
I think I might like a Land Rover…

What is your middle name?
Mine is Elizabeth

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 01-Aug-22 15:20:26

I've never organised a weekend away, crafting or otherwise but it sounds very enjoyable.

My favourite car colour would be silver or dark blue.

Which would be your dream car? I've always fancied an E-type Jaguar or a Lotus Elan like Emma Peel's.

nanna8 Mon 01-Aug-22 13:10:15

Always a cat, had them all my life. I would probably go for a wild puma in the mountains, though, as I like my freedom.

What is your favourite car colour?
I like that metallic dark red that Mazda do.

biglouis Mon 01-Aug-22 13:00:05

Stopped ordering food in
Cut down on food treats (which are bad for me anyway)
Turning off lights not used (but I do anyway)
Cut down on household cleaning products making them last longer)
Not buying any new clothes

If you could come back as any kind of creature what would it be?

I would choose a house cat as they are SOOO entitled and people expect this and pander to them.

ginny Mon 01-Aug-22 11:24:59

I have some pink in my hair. A wash in colour that I can wash out again or make more prominent

I’m organising a weekend away for a small group of friends. We are all crafters .
Do you organise or attend weekends like this ?

henetha Mon 01-Aug-22 11:20:32

I used to and loved them. London often, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Birmingham, Paris, Venice, Budapest. Not sure if I will again. It seems unlikely.

Have you tried colour streaks in your hair? Blonde? Pink?
Caramel?

Bellanonna Mon 01-Aug-22 09:58:31

Size 5
Feet in quite good nick. High arches, no corns., painted toenails

Do you ever go for city breaks? (We used to, but don’t niw)

hollysteers Mon 01-Aug-22 09:38:06

I would like to travel to Victorian times, meet the Brontes and Oscar Wilde as I’m a bookworm.

What size shoe do you take?
Also, describe your feet.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion