Gransnet forums

Games

❓?Ask a Question etc etc? 7️⃣

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Thu 04-Aug-22 07:24:45

Hello! ?

By my reckoning, this thread will see us through until we are near to C********!

SachaMac’s question was ‘if you could travel back to any time or place for one day, where / when would it be’?

I’m still mulling it over…

MrsKen33 Wed 09-Nov-22 12:45:31

We have a tulip tree in the front garden plus an oak in the back. We are surrounded by trees, in neighbours gardens etc so could spend weeks clearing leaves. We remove only those from the laws , then hope for a dry windy take to blow the rest away.

What do you do with your leaves? We compost ours.

biglouis Wed 09-Nov-22 12:39:26

I havnt seen mine since before covid. They send out the nurse to do injections, blood tests, etc.

Do you sweep the leaves from your path regularly? (assuming you have a garden or drive).

I have trees behind the house and there are far too many. I just leave them.

crazyH Wed 09-Nov-22 11:56:48

My 3 AC live within a 10 minute drive away……not through choice 😂. It so happened their jobs are such, that they are able to live at home and drive to their jobs.

How often do you see your GP ? I saw mine about 3 years ago. I was having knee pain and wanted a particular anti-‘inflammatory’, but he wouldn’t prescribe 😫

hollysteers Wed 09-Nov-22 11:42:58

Not usually, as the man course is enough for me.
I do like a prawn cocktail or egg mayonnaise.
In my ‘entertaining’ days, I always started with a tomato juice, to make life easier 😁

Do you have close family living near you? (My son is 25 miles away, daughter hundreds of miles in the south)

henetha Wed 09-Nov-22 09:51:07

I like Eton mess. Also tiramisu. And apple crumble with custard.

Do you have a starter when eating out? A favourite?

FannyCornforth Wed 09-Nov-22 08:25:13

I don’t think that I have ever eaten it! I don’t really have a sweet tooth, and I prefer cold things to hot puds

Favourite pudding /dessert?
I like creamy things like profiteroles or tiramisu. I like patisserie too

MrsKen33 Wed 09-Nov-22 05:49:29

About 2 weeks ago. DH loves sausages and I make a low carb one using soya flour.

How about roly-poly.? When did you last eat that?

Wyllow3 Wed 09-Nov-22 05:41:41

Belvoir Farm Ginger Cordial. One bottle does loads of drinks. Belvoir farm also does blackcurrant and more.

When did you last eat Toad in the Hole?

Lomo123 Wed 09-Nov-22 05:13:33

Bottom of drive about 20 feet or so. Favourite soft drink if you have one.

Mollygo Wed 09-Nov-22 02:26:53

Towelling. I was given 2 dozen as a congratulations gift and some are still used as hand towels now.

How near is your nearest streetlight?

biglouis Wed 09-Nov-22 00:29:57

SciFi, historical and spy dramas.

Did you use towelling nappies or disposables for your children?

AGAA4 Tue 08-Nov-22 19:47:36

Last January my DD took me to a hotel and the cream tea was excellent. A bit expensive though I thought.

What type of films do you enjoy watching?

crazyH Tue 08-Nov-22 19:03:35

About 7 years ago. Prior to my son’s wedding, with d.i.l., her mother, grandmother, couple of her girlfriends, my daughter, my other d.i.l. It was a lovely afternoon, although personally, I would rather pay a bit more and have a nice Dinner.

Same question

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 08-Nov-22 16:23:56

We were thought common if we sat astride the back of a chair like Christine Keeler in the famous photo. Our headmistress abhorred chewing gum as she said it was a disgusting habit.

When was the last time you had a cream tea?

MrsKen33 Tue 08-Nov-22 15:08:59

Posh……. Being like her ?

MrsKen33 Tue 08-Nov-22 15:08:23

Using a knife and fork improperly, pierced ears on the under 40s, patent shoes, and Polos ( the sweets). Something to do with poking your tongue through the hole !!!!!!

Same question please

Mollygo Tue 08-Nov-22 10:46:47

Common-eating in the street
Posh-having a grand piano like my Aunt.

Same question please

FannyCornforth Tue 08-Nov-22 10:37:55

GCSE: I only remember doing Macbeth

A level: The Oracle (Atwood), Othello, The Wife of Bath, Pride & Prejudice, Equus, Homage to Catalonia, Heart of Darkness

The last two were chosen by Frank Skinner, who was one of our two teachers. I only enjoyed Equus, in fact I loved it. Love all of Peter Schaffer.
My ‘dissertation’ was called ‘The Spiritual Voyeurism in the Work of Peter Schaffer’
Pretentious, moi? grin

Based on pretensions and ‘what did your mother think was common’; what did your mother think was posh?

MrsKen33 Tue 08-Nov-22 10:29:15

No, we did Henry 1V part one for GCE; I have forgotten it all.

What book did you do for English literature.? I did Jane Eyre .

Mollygo Tue 08-Nov-22 10:06:58

Yes mostly. I like to see them live, but the best one was seeing DGS as Lysander, for obvious reasons.

Do you still remember endless quotes from any Shakespeare you learnt at school?

henetha Tue 08-Nov-22 10:03:10

Yes, I have had Netflix for ages and love it. I'm watching Velvet at the moment.
To answer Fanny Cornforth's question, I once went to see a production of Coriolanus at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford and came out knowing absolutely nothing about the plot. I found it utterly bewildering. I have enjoyed other Shakespeare plays!

Do you enjoy Shakespeare's plays?

FannyCornforth Tue 08-Nov-22 09:31:15

FannyCornforth

There are (or were) a lot more children with little or no English too.

Sorry! Wrong thread! blush

FannyCornforth Tue 08-Nov-22 09:30:51

There are (or were) a lot more children with little or no English too.

FannyCornforth Tue 08-Nov-22 09:28:16

Do you miss out my questions on purpose biglouis?

biglouis Tue 08-Nov-22 09:27:24

Ive watched the series all the way through so will probably persist with it. Ive found some of the recent episodes disappointing lately. Probably because the events are too familiar.

Do you have any subscriptions for streaming?

I have Amazon, Netflix, and Startz. I share Netflix and NOW TV with my nephew.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion