Gransnet forums

Games

More song lyrics 8

(919 Posts)
dayvidg Sun 19-Jan-25 18:03:46

When you're near
There's such an air of spring about it
I can hear a lark somewhere
Begin to sing about it
There's no love song finer
But how strange the change
From major to minor
Ev'ry time we say goodbye

dayvidg Mon 21-Sept-26 16:19:04

People movin' out, people movin' in
Why? Because of the color of their skin
Run, run, run, but you sure can't hide
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
Vote for me and I'll set you free
Rap on, brother, rap on
Well, the only person talkin' 'bout "Love thy brother"
Is the preacher
And it seems nobody's interested in learnin'
But the teacher

Segregation, determination, demonstration, integration
Aggravation, humiliation, obligation to our nation

Ball of confusion
Oh, yeah
That's what the world is today

Grandyma Mon 21-Sept-26 17:14:40

Billy-Ray was a preacher's son
And when his daddy would visit, he'd come along
When they gathered 'round and started talkin'
That's when Billy would take me walkin'
Out through the back yard, we'd go walkin'
Then he'd look into my eyes
Lord knows, to my surprise

The only one who could ever reach me
Was the son of a preacher man
The only boy who could ever teach me
Was the son of a preacher man
Yes, he was, he was
Ooh, yes, he was

dayvidg Tue 22-Sept-26 16:46:55

Well, I'm worried
Snake man's on my trail
Oh, Lord, I'm worried
Snake man's on my trail
And I only come outside
To pick up all the U.S. mail

A black eagle
Flies through my backyard
A black eagle
Flies through my backyard
Perches on my window
Lord, what a fearsome sight

Grandyma Tue 22-Sept-26 22:17:26

Little doll we've been jiving all night long
(Little doll)
Little doll gotta feeling something's wrong
(Little doll)
'Cause it ain't right to wanna keep on dancing
There won't be any time left for romancing
Come outside, come outside
There's a lovely moon out there
Come outside, come outside
While we got time to spare
Little doll it seems ages since we kissed
(Little doll)
Little doll think of all the fun we've missed
(Little doll)
'Cause it ain't right to wanna keep on dancing
There won't be any time left for romancing
Come outside, (what for) come outside (whats the rush)
There's a lovely moon out there (it's cold outside)
Come outside, (why) come outside (you do keep on)
While we got time to spare (I want another twist)
Now I went and promised your old man
That we'd be home about half past ten
Seems we've got just one more jive
Then we'll be starting home again
Come outside, (get lost) come outside (go and ask lil')
There's a lovely moon out there (you can go off people)
Come outside, (give over) come outside (belt up)
While we got time to spare (why don't you listen to the beat)
Little doll I know the band ain't bad
(Little doll)
Little doll I'm a-getting kinda mad
(Little doll)
'Cause it ain't right to wanna keep on dancing
There won't be any time left for romancing
Come outside, (lay off) come outside (shove it)
There's a lovely moon out there (you are a one)
Come outside, (alright) come outside (not for too long)

dayvidg Wed 23-Sept-26 14:42:23

Boogie nights, whoa
Boogie nights, whoa
Boogie nights, boogie nights, boogie nights
Ain't no doubt we are here to party
(Boogie nights)
Come on now got to get it started
Dance with the boogie get down
(Dance with the boogie get down)
'Cause boogie nights are always the best in town
Got to keep on dancing, keep on dancing
Got to keep on dancing, keep on dancing

MiniMoon Wed 23-Sept-26 17:35:15

I keep on dancin'
Keep on doin' the jerk right now
Shake it, shake it, baby
Come on and show me how you work
Yellin' in motion
Keep on doin' the locomotion, yeah
Don't worry, little babe
Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, yes!
Keep on dancin' and a-prancin'
Keep on dancin' and a-prancin'
Keep on dancin' and a-prancin'
I keep on dancin' (keep on)
Keep on doin' the jerk
Shake it, shake it, baby
Come on and show me how you work

Grandyma Wed 23-Sept-26 19:04:37

Well, shake it up, baby, now (shake it up baby)
Twist and shout (twist and shout)
Come on, come on, come, come on, baby, now (come on baby)
Come on and work it on out (work it on out)
You know you twist, you little girl (twist little girl)
You know you twist so fine (twist so fine)
Come on and twist a little closer now (twist a little closer)
And let me know that you're mine, woo

dayvidg Thu 24-Sept-26 16:28:11

Last night I said these words to my girl
I know you never even try girl
Come on, come on, come on, come on,
Please please me oh yeah like I please you.

You don't need me to show the way love
Why do I always have to say love
Come on, come on, come on, come on,
Please please me oh yeah like I please you.

Grandyma Thu 24-Sept-26 18:56:16

Poor old Johnnie Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio
Moved a million hearts in mono
Our mothers cried
Sang along, who'd blame them?
You've grown (you're grown up)
So grown (so grown up)
Now I must say more than ever
(Come on, Eileen)
Too-ra-loo-ra
Too-ra-loo-rye-ay
And we can sing just like our fathers
Come on, Eileen
Oh, I swear (what he means)
At this moment
You mean everything
You in that dress
My thoughts, I confess
Verge on dirty
Ah, come on, Eileen
Come on, Eileen
These people 'round here
Were beaten down, eyes sunk in smoke-dried face
They're so resigned to what their fate is
But not us (no never)
But not us (not ever)
We are far too young and clever
(Remember)
Too-ra-loo-ra
Too-ra-loo-rye-ay
And you'll hum this tune forever
Come on, Eileen
Oh, I swear (what he means)
Ah, come on, let's
Take off everything
That pretty red dress
Eileen (tell him yes)
Ah, come on, let's
Ah, come on, Eileen, please
That pretty red dress
Eileen (tell him yes)
Ah, come on, let's
Ah, come on, Eileen, please

dayvidg Fri 25-Sept-26 16:29:15

Someone found a letter you wrote me on the radio
And they told the world just how you felt
It must've fallen out of a hole in your old brown overcoat
They never said your name, but I knew just who they meant
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh
I was so surprised and shocked and I wondered too
If by chance, you'd heard it for yourself
I never told a soul just how I've been feeling over you
But they said it really loud, they said it on the air
On the radio, whoa-oh-oh-oh

Grandyma Fri 25-Sept-26 18:19:49

I heard you on the wireless back in fifty two
Lying awake intent at tuning in on you
If I was young it didn't stop you coming through
Oh a oh
They took the credit for your second symphony
Rewritten by machine on new technology
And now I understand the problems you can see
Oh a oh
I met your children
Oh a oh
What did you tell them?
Video killed the radio star
Video killed the radio star
Pictures came and broke your heart
Oh, a, a, a, oh
And now we meet in an abandoned studio
We hear the playback and it seems so long ago
And you remember the jingles used to go
Oh-a oh
You were the first one
Oh-a oh
You were the last one
Video killed the radio star
Video killed the radio star
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind we've gone to far
Oh-a-aho oh
Oh-a-aho oh
Video killed the radio star
Video killed the radio star
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Pictures came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on VCR

dayvidg Sat 26-Sept-26 14:10:59

I've been driving in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar
I bought it in Primrose Hill from a bloke from Brazil
It was made in fifty-nine in a factory by the Tyne
It says Morris on the door, the G.P.O. owned it before
I drive in it for my job, the governor calls me a slob
But I don't really care, give me some gas and the open air

Grandyma Sun 27-Sept-26 15:50:18

Way down among Brazilians
Coffee beans grow by the billions
So they've got to find those extra cups to fill
They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil

You can't get cherry soda
Cause they've got to fill that quota
And the way things are I'll bet they never will
They've got a zillion tons of coffee in Brazil

No tea or tomato juice
You'll see no potato juice
The planters down in Santos all say no no no

The politician's daughter
Was accused of drinking water
And was fined a great big fifty dollar bill
They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil

dayvidg Mon 28-Sept-26 17:54:35

Death was everywhere,
In the air
And in the sounds
Coming off the mounds
Of Bolton's Ridge.
Death's anchorage.
When you rolled a smoke
Or told a joke,
It was in the laughter
And drinking water
It approached the beach
As strings of cutters,
Dropped in the sea and lay around us.

Grandyma Tue 29-Sept-26 14:31:54

I started a joke which started the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me oh no
I started to cry which started the whole world laughing
Oh If I'd only seen that the joke was on me
I looked at the skies running my hands over my eyes
And I fell out of bed hurting my head from things that I said
'Till I finally died which started the whole world living
Oh if I'd only seen that the joke was on me

dayvidg Tue 29-Sept-26 14:46:45

I dreamt about you last night
And I fell out of bed twice
You can pin and mount me like a butterfly
But, "Take me to the haven of your bed"
Was something that you never said
Two lumps, please
You're the bee's knees but so am I
Oh, meet me at the fountain
Shove me on the patio
I'll take it slowly
Oh
Fifteen minutes with you
Oh, I wouldn't say no
Oh, people see no worth in you
Oh, but I do

Grandyma Wed 30-Sept-26 22:28:48

Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing
I feel it when you're with me
It happens when you kiss me
That rare and gentle feeling that I feel inside
Your touch is soft and gentle
Your kiss is warm and tender
Whenever I am with you, I think of butterflies

dayvidg Fri 02-Oct-26 14:11:37

Let me wrap you in my warm and tender love, yeah
Let me wrap you in my warm and tender love
Oh, I loved you for a long, long time
Darling, please say you'll be mine
And let me wrap you in my warm and tender love

Let me wrap you in my warm and tender love, yeah
Let me wrap you in my warm and tender love
You're so lovely, you're oh so fine
Come on and please me with your touch
And let me wrap you in my warm and tender love