Gransnet forums

Games

New Limerick Thread II 2016 (following New Limerick Thread)

(1001 Posts)
Magenta8 Sun 04-Jan-26 12:11:49

Only then will I head off home
And sort out my wet hair with a comb
I'll try a new style
With which I'll beguile
Everyone wherever I roam

I'll charm everybody I meet

hollysteers Sun 01-Feb-26 17:49:37

There’s beautiful music in church
Some very fine tunes if you search
With lyrics amusing
And sometimes bemusing

52bright Sun 01-Feb-26 17:47:00

There's beautiful music in church
Some very fine tune if you search
With lyrics amusing
And hard pews bruising

GoldenLady Sun 01-Feb-26 16:02:08

There’s beautiful music in church
Some very fine tunes if you search
With lyrics amusing

friendlygingercat Sun 01-Feb-26 11:53:09

There’s beautiful music in church
Some very fine tunes if you search

nanna8 Sun 01-Feb-26 08:38:11

Close by there’s a church with two spires
The Vicar decided to hire
Somebody to clean
The bits in between
Pews that were used by the choirs

There’s beautiful music in church

Mollygo Sun 01-Feb-26 08:29:46

Close by there's a church with two spires
The Vicar decided to hire
Somebody to clean
The bits in between

Clawdy Sun 01-Feb-26 08:15:15

Close by there's a church with two spires
The Vicar decided to hire
Somebody to clean

crazyH Sun 01-Feb-26 01:50:37

Close by there’s a church with two spires
The Vicar decide to hire

hollysteers Sun 01-Feb-26 00:25:45

In the seaside town of Bude
There developed a serious feud
Twixt tourists and gulls
And locals raced pulse
All caused by a crazy old dude.

Close by there’s a church with two spires

BrightandBreezy Sun 01-Feb-26 00:20:55

In the seaside town of Bude...
There developed a serious feud
Twixt tourists and gulls
And locals raced pulse
With language becoming quite lewd

The Town Mayor tried to calm things down

crazyH Sat 31-Jan-26 23:48:57

In the seaside town of Bude...
There developed a serious feud
Twixt tourists and gulls
And locals raced pulse

Mollygo Sat 31-Jan-26 21:47:45

In the seaside town of Bude...
There developed a serious feud
Twixt tourists and gulls

Ashcombe Sat 31-Jan-26 18:49:16

In the seaside town of Bude...
There developed a serious feud

GoodAfternoonTea Sat 31-Jan-26 18:11:27

As I bathe under hot sunny skies
I hear bird song, lovely surprise!
What a wonderful dream
It’s quite real, it seems
As the temperatures comfortably rise.

In the seaside town of Bude...

crazyH Sat 31-Jan-26 16:47:15

As I bathe under hot sunny skies
I hear bird song, lovely surprise!
What a wonderful dream
It’s quite real, it seems

GoldenLady Sat 31-Jan-26 14:51:53

As I bathe under hot sunny skies
I hear bird song, lovely surprise!
What a wonderful dream

friendlygingercat Sat 31-Jan-26 08:47:42

As I bathe under hot sunny skies
I hear bird song, lovely surprise!

pably15 Fri 30-Jan-26 00:48:00

Under the snow lies the spring
And then my forlorn soul will sing
The garden will bloom
With bright flowery plumes
Then hot sunny days will begin

As I bathe under hot sunny skies

52bright Fri 30-Jan-26 00:45:15

Under the snow lies the Spring
And then my forlorn soul will sing
The garden will bloom
With bright flowery plumes
And my boyfriend might buy a ring.

I might not want to marry yet

friendlygingercat Fri 30-Jan-26 00:32:54

Under the snow lies the spring
And then my forlorn soul will sing
The garden will bloom
With bright flowery plumes

52bright Thu 29-Jan-26 22:05:48

Under the snow lies the spring
And then my forlorn soul will sing
The garden will bloom

hollysteers Thu 29-Jan-26 16:26:19

Under the snow lies the spring
And then my forlorn soul will sing

GoldenLady Thu 29-Jan-26 15:23:38

Not long till the daffodils bloom
Instead of this wet dreary gloom,
Evenings are lighter
Kids seem brighter
And the skies lose their message of doom

Under the snow lies the spring

crazyH Wed 28-Jan-26 23:45:32

Not long till the daffodils bloom
Instead of this wet dreary gloom,
Evenings are lighter
Kids seem brighter

Ashcombe Wed 28-Jan-26 22:20:06

Not long till the daffodils bloom
Instead of this wet dreary gloom,
Evenings are lighter

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion