Gransnet forums

Games

New Limerick Thread II 2016 (following New Limerick Thread)

(1001 Posts)
Magenta8 Sun 04-Jan-26 12:11:49

Only then will I head off home
And sort out my wet hair with a comb
I'll try a new style
With which I'll beguile
Everyone wherever I roam

I'll charm everybody I meet

GoldenLady Sat 06-Jun-26 15:46:23

Many folks seem to like pickleball
But it’s not my fancy at all
Too small and constrained
And no fun since it raned

nanna8 Sat 06-Jun-26 11:18:33

Many folks seem to like pickleball
But it’s not my fancy at all
Too small and constrained

hollysteers Sat 06-Jun-26 08:10:02

Many folks seem to like pickleball
But it’s not my fancy at all

GoldenLady Fri 05-Jun-26 16:07:49

What are you doing today?
Watching tennis, they're playing on clay
I love all the sports
They play on the courts
Whether at home or away

Many folks seem to like pickleball

Magenta8 Fri 05-Jun-26 07:12:19

What are you doing today?
Watching tennis, they're playing today
I love all the sports
They play on the courts

hollysteers Thu 04-Jun-26 17:58:19

What are we all doing today?
Watching tennis, they’re playing on clay
I love all the sports

MollyNew Thu 04-Jun-26 14:31:59

What are we all doing today?
Watching tennis, they're playing on clay

Clawdy Thu 04-Jun-26 14:27:53

The weather is gentle and sunny
But hayfever makes my nose runny
Tissues a-plenty
Packet of twenty
I'm afraid it's really not funny.

What are we all doing today?

Magenta8 Thu 04-Jun-26 07:46:17

The weather is gentle and sunny
But hayfever makes my nose runny
Tissues a-plenty
Packet of twenty

crazyH Wed 03-Jun-26 22:53:25

The weather is gentle and sunny
But hayfever makes my nose runny
Tissues a-plenty

MollyNew Wed 03-Jun-26 22:47:04

The weather is gentle and sunny
But hayfever makes my nose runny

GoldenLady Wed 03-Jun-26 15:02:16

So easily taken for granted
Although our view may be slanted
Carpe diem they say
Make the most of each day
It's time for the crops to be planted

The weather is gentle and sunny

hollysteers Tue 02-Jun-26 19:45:25

So easily taken for granted
Although our view may be slanted
Carpe diem they say
Make the most of each day

Magenta8 Tue 02-Jun-26 17:32:23

So easily taken for granted
Although our view may be slanted
Carpe diem they say

GoldenLady Tue 02-Jun-26 15:04:38

So easily taken for granted
Although our view may be slanted

henetha Tue 02-Jun-26 11:02:31

And now we are entering June
The longest day will be quite soon
The years hurry by
And we wonder why
We don't realise they're a boon.

So easily taken for granted

Clawdy Tue 02-Jun-26 08:25:00

And now we are entering June
The longest day will be quite soon
The years hurry by
And we wonder why

hollysteers Mon 01-Jun-26 18:55:54

And now we are entering June
The longest day will be quite soon
The years hurry by

Magenta8 Mon 01-Jun-26 16:58:17

And now we are entering June
The longest day will be quite soon

GoldenLady Mon 01-Jun-26 15:54:35

So now he paints only the flowers
And pictures of ancient towers
He misses the girls
Sat clutching their pearls
And folks who sat staring for hours.

And now we are entering June

Magenta8 Fri 29-May-26 17:48:58

So now he paints only the flowers
And pictures of ancient towers
He misses the girls
Sat clutching their pearls

hollysteers Fri 29-May-26 16:48:03

So now he paints only the flowers
And pictures of ancient towers
He misses the girls

Clawdy Fri 29-May-26 16:44:36

So now he paints only the flowers
And pictures of ancient towers

GoldenLady Fri 29-May-26 15:33:52

I once knew a Russian painter
At portraits there was no one greater
No clothes, just a rose
An erotic pose
But one museum guest was a fainter.

So now he paints only the flowers

Magenta8 Fri 29-May-26 14:59:43

I once knew a Russian painter
At portraits there was no one greater
No clothes, just a rose
An erotic pose

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion