Gransnet forums

Grandads' shed

Where have all the grandads gone?

(97 Posts)
nanny1 Tue 18-Oct-11 11:01:50

The shed seems to be empty!

crimson Sun 21-Oct-12 15:00:46

That's a long story, Jodi. I'll let others answer that. I think computer rooms have become modern day sheds. Not sure about anyone else, but mine is like a refuge from the rest of the world [albeit having 'the rest of the world' on tap, as it were.

Jodi Sun 21-Oct-12 14:53:05

'She's are wonderful. they can be anything you want them to be' priceless but true! grin but I'm confused why is there a jingle AND a jinglej?

crimson Sun 21-Oct-12 14:28:49

Depends what's hanging I think. If it's tools it's now a workshop. [this is only my definition, mind]. She's are wonderful. they can be anything you want them to be. My daughter had a 'pub shed' in her garden.

AlieOxon Sun 21-Oct-12 14:24:37

One of my sheds got tidied the other week and now has things hung up....does this mean it is still a shed?

crimson Sun 21-Oct-12 13:49:22

Is it an evergreen one? Mine is actually holding the shed together, I think. To my mind, a shed is something that's got lots of junk stored in it; if it has shelves and hooks for tools and is all neat and tiday it becomes a workshop [especially if it has a lathe in it]. I have several lathes in the garage and a small engine of some kind.

annodomini Sun 21-Oct-12 13:22:55

My shed is a suitable support for a large and very fragrant honeysuckle which has now found its way inside where the spiders breed.

glammanana Sun 21-Oct-12 13:13:49

railman I do think you can call a shed anything you want really,over the years any shed/s we have had when we lived in the large family house we had have been used as playhouses for the children/studies for when needing complete peace and quiet when revising/storage for outgrown bikes and prams/one was turned into an outside bar when we had barbecues/and last but not least when we had Juicey Lucy our pot bellied pig she had it as her house complete with posh curtains so really you do whatever you want.I must say that if I had to go outside to retrieve drying from a shed mr.glamma would be doing the deed not me.grin

railman Sun 21-Oct-12 12:51:53

I have a 'shed' but it's really a workshop, and despite protestations my wife still insists on calling the workshop a shed.

When does a shed become a workshop I wondered?

We do have another shed - this one really is a shed, as it contains a freezer and tumble dryer - so I guess that makes it a utility shed.

Anyone else have this set up?

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 22:46:14

You seem to have mislaid a 'j', jingle, while you've been away playing at being a ghost.

jingle Mon 31-Oct-11 22:30:33

You're not a lurker Nanachrissy!

jingle Mon 31-Oct-11 22:29:39

Absent - I didn't really think it was seven million! grin hmm

nanachrissy Mon 31-Oct-11 20:00:42

Well, I confess to being a bit of a lurker, but I'm not ashamed! wink

absentgrana Mon 31-Oct-11 18:14:50

jinglej 7 million seems a tad over-ambitious. I think the figure GNHQ gave was 7,000 but that was a while ago and there are certainly new names appearing, so I guess the membership total is up. Still unlikely to be 7 million, though. smile

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 14:31:55

I don't mind really. hmm

bagitha Mon 31-Oct-11 14:29:39

jings, if one person reads what you post and responds, isn't that enough? Nice if it's more perhaps but one is enough, philosphically speaking, isn't it?

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 13:39:27

sorreee glass. didn't say that. blush

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 13:38:40

Where are the GNHQ lot this morning anyway?

Why are they leaving us alone?

Planning sing-alongs? hmm

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 13:37:19

It might just be interesting to know if I'm talking to 7 million people or whatever QNHQ reckons it is, or just 10. hmm

bagitha Mon 31-Oct-11 13:29:13

Lurkers are lurkers. What is there to wonder about that? Plenty else in the universe to wonder about after all! wink

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 13:21:24

What a cynic! wink

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 13:06:24

The lurkers actually are coming out on the Christmas Tips thread.

Ah yes, there's a prize. hmm grin

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 13:05:18

'ooray grin

Annobel Mon 31-Oct-11 11:35:45

grin - the 'h' will be out-dated after today anyway. grin

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 11:17:37

I am pissed off with all this h business. Not doing it anymore.

jinglej Mon 31-Oct-11 11:16:53

I'm resting between jobs.

Yes I am!!

Bagitha - why don't you? I don't understand and I can usually sort your stuff out get what you mean. smile