Sigh.
I struggle with my weight and have done for years. Partly due to depression and anxiety, partly the medication I'm taking for it, partly comfort-eating. We cook from scratch almost all the time, and have as balanced and healthy a diet as we can, with plenty of vegetables - unless we're eating out, when I am tempted by National Trust cake or scones
but I do have a tendency to eat several biscuits or chocolates rather than just one, or snarf a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk at one sitting. The twin demons of fat and sugar!
I am struggling with the 5/2 diet but at least it's preventing me from getting out of control again and I have very gradually lost around 5 kg (not much, I know, given my dreadful BMI, but it's better than nothing).I have a few more stones to lose, to my deep shame (and sorry, I still get confused still with metric and imperial weight!)
I'm really trying to keep more active and if we aren't out somewhere, I do lots of gardening. I am worried about my weight and my health, but I'm not sure how I can make more lasting changes that stick - I do find it very difficult to stick to exercise routines.
My BP is OK but my cholesterol isn't - 7.5 around 18 months ago and I'm due to have it tested again to see if it's improved. Very high, I know 
I intend to continue with the diet for as long as it takes even if I 'cheat' sometimes. Homemade veggie and lentil soup for us tonight, followed by grapefruit 