I'm the sort of person who regards cookery as a chore not a hobby, so I eat a mixture of processed an non-processed foods. From the messages in the media I had assumed that my diet must be atrocious, so when I found myself waiting to see if I had bowel cancer two years ago it made me a bit more curious than most to find out.
Instead of pouncing on all the foodstuffs that get demonised and chucking them out, I decided to construct a spreadsheet to find out what my diet really contains, and the results were a revelation. Far from being unhealthy, I found that my diet meets all the nutrition recommendations by a country mile.
The point is that a healthy diet is about what you eat, not who cooks it. If you watch Secret Eaters you find that there are two types: one is the stereotypical couch potato who sits in front of the TV scoffing chocolate and cakes all evening, but the others are the foodies who are convinced their diet must be healthy just because they're gourmets cooking everything from scratch. One such woman was putting 2000kcals of cheese into one sauce!
When you watch the way the celeb chefs shovel salt, fat and sugar into their recipes, I think a lot of them are anything but healthy.