I get cramp frequently and it usually happens when I stretch my legs while changing position. It often leaves my calf painful and sore for a day or two. It is completely random and does not seem to relate to dehydration or exercise.
Alphabetical Flora (trees, flowers etc)
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)
WORD ASSOCIATION -27 (June 26)
. My calf still feels a bit odd even though the cramp was a week or so ago. Will have more sympathy watching any athletes that get cramp in future. Might start taking some of the many vitamin tablets I have that I buy and then forget to take; and drink more water [I always nag other people to drink more and don't do it myself]. I think I rubbed Voltarol onto my calf the following night [Voltarol being my cure all for everything muscular, replacing the horse linamnent stuff that my mum used to use].
. I did try drinking tonic water for a while but then forgot to buy some more. It did only happen the once but my leg still feels a bit sore. I think the time to worry is when cramps start after you've been walking for a while [that's what I'm telling myself, anyway]. I know a lot of people suffer from night cramps. The first time I had cramp when I was a child I thought I'd broken my leg [and I can still remember it happening].