Gransnet forums

Classics

Vibrators

(157 Posts)
Teetime Fri 02-Jun-17 08:47:52

These are outside my experience - am I the only one? I have been watching a TV show which I love (Frankie & Grace Netflix) where the main characters develop a vibrator for older women with arthritic hands. It got me thinking am I the odd one out? I have never even tried one for no particular reason just haven't.

whitewave Fri 02-Jun-17 08:50:51

blush

ninathenana Fri 02-Jun-17 09:02:19

Me neither Teetime.

BlueBelle Fri 02-Jun-17 09:03:55

You don't know what your missing ! they don't snore

shysal Fri 02-Jun-17 09:06:10

Nor me!

Teetime Fri 02-Jun-17 09:31:55

Well exactly BlueBelle I don't know what I'm missing but I think DH would take exception if I tried it.(he only purrs not snores).

I did sit on a spin dryer once - does this count?

nanaK54 Fri 02-Jun-17 09:34:00

grin

annsixty Fri 02-Jun-17 09:39:35

Why would you need one if you have a husband or partner?
On second thoughts don't answer that. TMI

MawBroon Fri 02-Jun-17 09:42:03

How would it ease arthritis in your hands? grin

tanith Fri 02-Jun-17 09:46:19

grin

annsixty Fri 02-Jun-17 10:00:57

And have you been reading about the grounds up wasps nests? I expect the people using vibrators are only using them as an aid to application.
Shall I leave GN now?

Teetime Fri 02-Jun-17 10:05:59

No I haven't but I know Gwinnie likes to give hers a smoking now and again.

polyester57 Fri 02-Jun-17 10:17:55

My husband and I went through a horrid phase some fifteen years ago, when I found out about his affair with a girl some 25 years his junior. He didn´t want a divorce, claimed it was nothing at all, as they all do. We did, subsequently, work on our relationship, resurrected old hobbies and a boring sex life. And, yes, I did get a vibrator. It was a fun sex toy, but not a match for the real thing. I got rid of it shortly thereafter, for fear of the children (or grandchildren!) finding it in a drawer. I would be surprised if I were the only one here to admit to such a thing, come on girls!

Auntieflo Fri 02-Jun-17 11:14:58

Shysal, did you mean, no you don't snore, or, no you haven't tried one! ? ???

mollie Fri 02-Jun-17 11:18:03

There is a reader tested survey on Good Housekeeping for July if anyone wants more information.

Christinefrance Fri 02-Jun-17 15:04:09

Each to their own, nothing wrong with a bit of spice,, some people find it easier to reach orgasm this way. Certainly a benefit if you live alone. I recently had physio with a very nice young man who put electrodes in my knickers ! ! grin

grannysyb Fri 02-Jun-17 15:41:49

DH,when he was in practice as a vet xrayed a Labrador and saw a foreign body. When the dog was opened up it turned out to be a vibrator! When the owner was told she said " I don't know where he found it!"

grannylyn65 Fri 02-Jun-17 16:07:18

Ooo I would love electrodes in my knickers grin

grannylyn65 Fri 02-Jun-17 16:08:53

And, being partner less for over 20 years, I do indeed have one !!!

Penstemmon Fri 02-Jun-17 16:12:41

No I have not used one. But never say never wink

Norah Fri 02-Jun-17 16:16:23

No, not the odd one. I suppose these are from Anne Summers parties? I still have my husband (55 yrs and counting) he is capable, I have no need.

DanniRae Fri 02-Jun-17 16:20:00

No never used one. Once went an Ann Summers Party and they had loads of them - awful looking things! Was a long time ago maybe they have improved them now?? shock

vampirequeen Fri 02-Jun-17 16:33:21

I had a rabbit.

One morning I brought it downstairs to clean and when cleaned left it standing on the kitchen worktop when unexpectedly the plumber arrived. I'd totally forgotten it was there until I took him into the kitchen. I knew he'd seen it (well he couldn't miss it) and he knew that I knew but we both studiously pretended that we were not having a conversation about a him pushing a tool into a blocked pipe with a bright orange rabbit standing proud next to the sink [embarrassed] grin

grannylyn65 Fri 02-Jun-17 16:40:39

grin

morethan2 Fri 02-Jun-17 16:44:05

I had one when I had a sex drive but I'm afraid the drive has gone and so has the vibrator. You don't to be partnerless or have an incapable partner to own one. You don't even have to insert it. blush ( think sitting on a spin dryer) I don't think they look as good as the real thing. In my younger days I was always partial to a male naked body. Oh to be young again ....what's the name of that magazine again. wink