Gransnet forums

Health

life insurance

(5 Posts)
thomasben2296 Tue 01-Oct-19 07:45:58

It's better to consult a reliable health insurance agent who can connect you with the reputed insurance company and gives you affordable price and plan.

glammygranny Tue 01-Aug-17 11:59:29

Gosh that's a tad harsh. I've never heard of someone not being able to get life cover with fibromyalgia. I'd suggest rather than wasting time shopping round that your daughter goes to an independent financial advisor. I just checked with a friend of mine who has been in that business for over 40 years and he said he's never heard of someone being refused a policy on these grounds so its likely there is some other issue going on.

paddyann Fri 28-Jul-17 10:09:24

thank you ,hadn't occured to me.

notnecessarilywiser Fri 28-Jul-17 06:11:12

If you're in the UK, I'd suggest asking UK Fibromyalgia - they should be able to assist you.

paddyann Fri 28-Jul-17 00:39:40

my daughter just realised she hhadn't informed her life insurance of her fibromyalgia so she called them today...they have cancelled her policy and wont insuure her because of the illness.Does anyone know of a company that will insure sommeone not yet 40 who has a chronic ongoing condition that is not life threatening .She has 3 hcildren and would prefer the safety net of a decent policy with a reasonable sum to leave IF anything happens to her .