Gransnet forums

Health

Wearing bra with new pacemaker

(7 Posts)
GrannieBabi Mon 31-Jul-17 10:06:47

My sister (slim but with x large bust) has just been fitted with pacemaker. It is a minor and hopefully short term problem but bra strap will rub/press on the device. Anyone have the solution? Pad? Sports bra any good? Any advice appreciated.

HildaW Mon 31-Jul-17 10:14:55

I have a friend with this problem too.....she'd be interested in any developments on this thread. I'm not sure people realise how important this is....her recovery was compromised by her loss of confidence through not being able to wear a bra and hence not go our without wearing too many layers to cover her embarrassment.

rosesarered Mon 31-Jul-17 12:10:21

Can't really help, as the only person I know with one fitted is my DH.
Thinking about it though, what about a soft pull on bra like the Genie ones?The strap is soft and wide.

GrannieBabi Mon 31-Jul-17 15:21:13

I have one of those 'no bra' bras myself and they do at least keep everything contained, but nowhere near enough support for the well endowed! Saw a silicone pad on the internet to attach under bra strap but not made or for sale in the UK. You can buy pads for your shoulders if bra straps cut into you ...wonder if they could be adapted. Will post again if we find anything good.

wildswan16 Mon 31-Jul-17 16:00:19

Have you tried calling the British Heart Foundation helpline - I am sure they must have heard of this problem before and may be able to help.

GrannieBabi Mon 31-Jul-17 18:22:52

Thanks, will do that

SueDonim Mon 31-Jul-17 19:03:07

Maybe contact Bravissimo to see if they can help?