Gransnet forums

Health

Pink period donation bin

(6 Posts)
Sanprorecycler Thu 10-Aug-17 17:09:43

Hi there i have recently received a pink period donation bin for filling up with unopened boxes of pads, liners and tampons that you no longer need due to pregnancy or menopause

Maybe lots are using menstrual cups and have surplus supplies of boxes of pads, liners and tampons lying in drawers, cupboards and wardrobes that could be sent to me

I have a large cupboard that can store lots of bagloads,

I you can donate any unwanted boxes of pads, liners and tampons then email me for details

All donations will be sorted then sent to refuges, foodbanks, shelters and church groups to distribute to ladies and girls who can't afford them

I just store the items as they needed someone with a larger storage space for additional supplies

Sanprorecycler Thu 10-Aug-17 18:39:31

Maybe you have sisters, aunties, daughters that have packs of pads, liners and tampons that they can donate even if it's only one pack

Maggiemaybe Thu 10-Aug-17 18:53:39

Hi OP. I know this is an excellent cause, and certainly wish you well, but I'd have thought it was more efficient for us just to donate sanpro to our own local foodbanks?

Maggiemaybe Thu 10-Aug-17 18:55:09

Unless, of course, they don't all collect it (I know mine does). In which case, apologies, and as you were!

Jalima1108 Thu 10-Aug-17 19:35:52

My friend told me yesterday that there is another bin beside the one for the food bank which is for sanitary wear.

Jalima1108 Thu 10-Aug-17 19:49:04

And I send money so that Syrian refugees can be provided with sanitary towels etc and for nappies.