Gransnet forums

Health

Backs

(6 Posts)
jollyg Sat 21-Oct-17 15:11:37

The same hell as supermarket trolleys, but it may be they are as wonky as my back wot it steers them squint.

Apologies Tesco.

midgey Sat 21-Oct-17 15:07:17

In my opinion all wheelchairs are made in hell!

midgey Sat 21-Oct-17 15:06:15

Are you able to watch YouTube? You might be able to find some gentle Pilates exercises. I am really lucky and able to go to a class each week and have found it has really helped me.

Crafting Sat 21-Oct-17 15:02:53

Grabby sticks not grubby sticks ?

Crafting Sat 21-Oct-17 15:02:08

A team of GNetters to swoop in (on their broomsticks grin) and help out? Wouldn't it be wonderful ?
Sorry, apart from one of those grubby stick things for picking things up I'm not sure I have any bright ideas. Hope paw is ok maw.

MawBroon Sat 21-Oct-17 14:55:27

“You’ve got to take care of your back” chirped the pretty 20 something size 8 GP as I struggled to heave Paw’s wheel into a suitable position for her to examine him last week.
Yeah right, how? I was tempted to mutter through gritted teeth.
Seriously
Our wheelchair is not the heaviest but I don’t like trying to heave it into the boot. Hospital wheelchairs can be OK or they can be like a wonky supermarket trolley with the weight of an adult man in them.
Added to that I have to carry everything -bags of supermarket shopping from the car I go the house, move furniture for the (occasional) hoover. Bend down and pick up things for Paw you get the picture.
Already feeling a pain between my shoulder blades - lifting? and in my left hip (sciatica?)
Suggestions please!