Gransnet forums

Health

Black outs

(4 Posts)
tiggypiro Mon 02-Apr-18 20:01:53

It's happened to me a few times. First time was on a long haul flight, after a meal and while queuing for the loo (some good attention but no upgrade!). Second time was during the night when I got up for a drink - I came round on the kitchen floor. Third after a large lunch I was standing at the bar waiting to pay. On that occasion the paramedics were called but gave the all clear. Fourth time just after breaking my wrist and waiting for my neighbour to come and take me to A&E. She came in to find me out cold on the floor and I came round to hear her talking to the 999 operator saying that yes I was breathing and then to find 2 ambulance paramedics giving me the once over.
On all occasions I knew nothing until I came round and then recovery was quick. Put down to blood pressure lowering after eating, during the night and after shock.

MawBroon Mon 02-Apr-18 19:45:11

I remember this happening to Paw some years ago and I believe it is connected with digestion and blood pressure.
You might be able to learn more about it here
www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/fainting-after-eating-is-condition-that-can-be-treated/article_5c7a74d8-50b0-5970-acee-97443cf7fe7b.html

MissAdventure Mon 02-Apr-18 19:44:15

Strangely enough, I know two young women this has been happening to.
Both have been checked for epilepsy, and its been ruled out, but their doctors seem quite casual about it all, considering one has 3 small children, and one commutes to London.

Ukulele28 Mon 02-Apr-18 19:37:00

I've experienced this for a number of years. It only ever happens when I eat. I'll be half way through a meal and pass out. Mostly I've been lucky and head just falls on the table, but there have been times I've landed face down in my food! I've also fallen off my chair onto the floor a few times, resulting in minor injuries. I have seen GP about it a while back but he really didn't seem that interested. It doesn't happen that often, I'll have two or three incidents in a month then nothing for a couple of months. Anyone experienced anything like this?