Gransnet forums

Health

Sarcoidosis

(9 Posts)
silverdarlings Sun 15-Apr-18 20:41:56

Does anyone have new information about Sarcoidosis?
Thank you.

BlueBelle Sun 15-Apr-18 22:49:53

I haven’t I m afraid but just wondered if you lived on the east coast with your user name

Teetime Mon 16-Apr-18 09:35:25

Sorry no - my mother had this its seemed to be connected to her RA.

Welshwife Mon 16-Apr-18 10:34:22

My friend was diagnosed with this after many many tests and told it was treatable with cortisone.
From what I understand it can present itself in so many different ways it is hard to diagnose and they need to rule out lots of other things before coming to the conclusion of what it is.

pollyperkins Mon 16-Apr-18 13:39:21

I had it about 40 years ago - could hardly walk for the pain in my legs. Took GP a long time to diagnose it. Eventually it got better without any treatment but for years I used to have to go for chest x rays as it can affect the lungs. I wasn't aware it had affected mine but there were apparently indications on the x rays. Don't know much more about it. Fairly unusual I think.

pollyperkins Mon 16-Apr-18 13:39:47

What is RA?

Situpstraight Mon 16-Apr-18 15:02:45

Rheumatoid Arthritis?

silverdarlings Mon 16-Apr-18 17:43:12

Thank you for your replies, I'm in a flare-up at the moment
as I'm reducing Steroids again, on the way to beginning a non Steroid tab. This sarcoid began 10years ago after having the
flu. It has affected my sight and balance, very ironic as I used to work for the Blind Society. Also Ive learnt to pace myself--being lazy on GN ha ha. I live in Cumbria.

brook2704 Mon 16-Apr-18 19:47:07

Hi
I had neurosarcoidisis 17 years ago but thankfully after being really ill for a good few months it cleared up and hasn’t returned . I count myself very very lucky however the high dose steroid treatments I received left me with a reduced white blood cell count which has never recovered and glaucoma / uveitis which is ongoing. I don’t have any new information but hope that your flare up isn’t too bad and your back to normal very soon. Sending hugs and ?