Gransnet forums

Health

Could this be the reason hubby is always asleep?

(8 Posts)
NanKate Mon 04-Jun-18 17:33:38

He could have an under active thyroid.

M0nica Mon 04-Jun-18 17:16:43

In DH's case it was diabetes that caused the constant sleeping.

Willow500 Mon 04-Jun-18 12:13:23

Has he been tested for sleep apnoea? Whilst the kidney issue will undoubtably made him tired if he's constantly falling asleep and snoring it could well be sleep apnoea which my husband has.

Its good news the cancer has been treated successfully though - you must be very relieved.

Fennel Mon 04-Jun-18 11:48:25

Oh dear - I meant Lithium. I think he sometimes took Librium too.

Fennel Mon 04-Jun-18 11:47:08

ps the Librium was for bi-polar disease.

Fennel Mon 04-Jun-18 11:40:17

My ex had kidney damage from long term use of Lithium.
Evidently he was always tired and falling asleep.
He died in Jan. aged 82.
Best to ask his doctor pbbutterfly.

wildswan16 Mon 04-Jun-18 11:26:08

I haven't heard of that paperbackbutterfly (what a lovely name), and know someone who only has one after donating her other one. She is a very lively lady. Is your husband on any medication at all that might have a sleepy side effect?

paperbackbutterfly Mon 04-Jun-18 10:43:40

I started a thread sometime ago because I was so fedup of OH constantly falling asleep. At the time I thought it was an age thing but now I'm not so sure. 18 months ago OH has a kidney removed due to cancer. Happily the cancer has not reappeared but my mum said yesterday that she wondered if the sleeping was a side effect of having one kidney. (OH was asleep and snoring at the time while we were visitng her) and it's started me thinking. Does anyone else have experience of living with one kidney? Is fatigue and tiredness a side effect? I would be grateful for anyone's thoughts on this please