Gransnet forums

Health

Frozen shoulder

(11 Posts)
Envious Wed 05-Dec-18 20:24:07

I fell and as I fell I was able to grab hold and I must of damaged my shoulder. Anyway now over a year later I’ve had sudden pain and diagnosed by MRI with a frozen shoulder. I said no to steroid shots and pills due to being a type 2 diabetic. I did physical therapy for a few weeks with exercises which made the pain worse then when it started. It’s been several months and I read it takes a year sometimes to improve. I don’t give in to it and use my arm like normal just dealing with the pain. It happens to be my right arm. Anyone have any experience? It sure gets old dealing with the pain. Most days I don’t take medication.

Bigred18 Wed 05-Dec-18 20:30:22

It's painful! Mine took about 18 months to clear up properly. Impossible to use hair dryer, shave arm pits as I couldn't lift arm very high. Good luck with yours.

dustyangel Wed 05-Dec-18 20:56:23

Envious do you have Bowen practioners in the U S A ? I have had a lot of help from one and know that he had a lot of success with frozen shoulders.

boheminan Wed 05-Dec-18 21:05:39

Ouch!

What I found got rid of it after months of pain and all sorts of unsuccessful treatment was acupuncture. Never had acupuncture before or since and was quite sceptical but within a few days after the first treatment the pain really eased up and went after a couple of weeks. I've never had the problem back. I'd thoroughly recommend it....

Envious Wed 05-Dec-18 21:14:44

Thanks boheminan and dustyangel Oh good! I was thinking about trying acupuncture there’s a place where you pay what you can afford. I’ll look up Bowen also.

Beau Wed 05-Dec-18 21:42:11

Mine went with a steroid injection - the first injection didn't work but the second one made it disappear within hours and it never came back. I will never forget the pain of that frozen shoulder on my 90 minute each way tube journey to work and back every day - the jolts - and having to sleep sitting up on a triangular pillow. A dreadful time I would never want to revisit. Please try the steroid injection - my GP did mine and once he got the exact spot it was like a miracle cure for me.

NanKate Wed 05-Dec-18 21:48:57

Acupuncture cleared my frozen shoulder within about 6 sessions. The doctor said it could take 18 months.

Caz127 Mon 10-Dec-18 08:56:51

Dentist- I live in Forest Hill SE23 can anyone recommend a good dentist, just for normal problems like reduced enamel or fillings

Izabella Mon 10-Dec-18 09:52:45

Please don't be afraid of the steroid injection. It should not mess up your BG readings. I stupidly put off having more injections into my foot, but the relief has been totally amazing and I have started slow runs again. My aim is a proper 10k by the summer.

Charleygirl5 Mon 10-Dec-18 10:23:41

Caz127 you may get more replies if you open another post in another health section as this one is for frozen shoulder. Good luck.

Re frozen shoulder, it can take up to two years t for the pain to go without any treatment and that is a long time.

silverlining48 Mon 10-Dec-18 10:45:51

I had a Small operation for impingement in my shoulder a few years ago after trying the injections which only helped temporaorarily. I did my exercises after and have full movement now.