Gransnet forums

Health

Internal swelling after hysterectomy

(5 Posts)
Sheshyshowshum Fri 08-Feb-19 21:45:48

Apologies for asking such an intimate question, but having had a vaginal hysterectomy three weeks ago and feeling like something isn’t right, I wondered if anyone else on here has had a similar operation and if it is normal to be swollen within the vagina area. It seems logical that you would, but I’m worried as it’s a little uncomfortable and it would be good to hear other ladies experiences.

GrandmaMoira Fri 08-Feb-19 22:16:08

I'm sure it is quite normal so soon after a hysterectomy. After I had mine I found the forums on Patient.info useful. Perhaps try posting there.
I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Nanabilly Fri 08-Feb-19 22:19:48

If I were you I would call the experts or even the ward where you had the surgery done for better qualified advice. We are not doctors and should not be telling you things like this no matter how well it's meant . I hope you find out all is as it should be but please contact a qualified person . If I were in your shoes I would be calling the ward or dept I had the surgery on immediately as they would have dealt with this type of thing on numerous occasions.

Marydoll Fri 08-Feb-19 22:26:48

I agree Nanability.
I had a vaginal hysterectomy and my recovery was slow, due to my various health conditions.
Sheshyshowshum, if you are posting on here, you must be worried, so please seek expert advice. We aren't experts and everyone's recovery is different.
I have to add, it was one of the best decisions, I ever made. My quality of life improved so much.
I hope you feel better soon.

Sheshyshowshum Fri 08-Feb-19 22:44:12

Thank you ladies, I have an appointment with the surgeon on Monday, but finding it hard not knowing. I will have to be patient I guess. Meanwhile I will look on ‘patient.info’, thank you for the link GrandmaMoira.