Gransnet forums

Health

Betmiga tablets

(5 Posts)
shazz19 Mon 11-Mar-19 23:45:52

Does anyone take these for an overactive bladder and if so have you had any side effects? On reading the leaflet I am not sure I feel it’s worth the risk of some of them .
Thanks

BradfordLass72 Wed 10-Apr-19 04:43:48

No experience with them but I always frighten myself to death if I read about side effects.

I was recently asked to take a very strong drug and the GNers here put my mind at rest and pointed out that not all side effects apply to all people and that even aspirin and paracetmol, which humans take by the gazillion, have side effects.

My doctor told me, 'Take it for a few days - if you get any adverse effects, stop.'

You might try that.

M0nica Wed 10-Apr-19 07:45:59

I think this will be a very short thread, Bradfordlass72 has summed the situation up so well.

aggie Wed 10-Apr-19 08:01:45

I only read the leaflet if I feel the tablets arent agreeing with me , otherwise I scare myself , they seldom give me any problems . An overactive bladder is not nice and the tablets should help

Nannytopsy Wed 10-Apr-19 08:10:51

I have solifenacin - is that the same drug? It gives me a very dry mouth and constipation, so I only take the tablets for a few days at a time, when the symptoms are particularly bad. I find orange juice is my biggest trigger for bladder problems.