Gransnet forums

Health

Vulval pain.

(3 Posts)
BonnieBlooming Wed 05-Jun-19 13:22:55

I have a long history of vulval problems. I have had Lichen Sclerosis since a young teenager, 5 surgeries for vulval cancer, the last in 2014 and more biopsies and minor ops than I can count. Despite this until February this year I was pain free. At the end of February I took a UTI that proved hard to treat and started to experience pain. I saw my Consultant in case my cancer was returning but she said all looked well. It's now June and the pain is constant but especially when sitting. Regular painkillers have no effect nor any creams. I have now been prescribed Gabapentin, an epilepsy drug that also works on nerve pain. I am just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if you found any way of managing the pain. I am finding this very diffiult to deal with, it's really getting me down.

BradfordLass72 Thu 06-Jun-19 05:08:27

Go back to your doctor as soon as you can, please.
You really need to find out why this pain is so bad.

BonnieBlooming Thu 06-Jun-19 13:06:06

I have been waiting on an 'urgent' appointment since beginning of April and got a phone call yesterday to say they will see me on Sunday morning. I'm both relieved and nervous. My GP has been brilliant. It is possible it is Vulvadynia, a rare condition that can be caused by vulval trauma (and I've had plenty of that!). If it is, it is not curable but can be managed.