Gransnet forums

Health

Best Shampoos for hair loss

(11 Posts)
blondenana Sat 13-Jul-19 14:39:18

I have posted before about my hair loss, so wont bore everyone again, but would like to know of anyone with hair loss who has found a good shampoo that they felt helped regrowth,there are so many to choose from
Thanks in advance

crazyH Sat 13-Jul-19 14:48:28

I dont know of any shampoos that will actually help hair regrowth. I'll be following this thread for info on that. There are thickening shampoos and conditioners which give the hair more body.
A few years ago I suffered from alopaecia areata (bald patches). I used a spray which covers the patches and looks very natural.
Hope you find what you're looking for.

EllanVannin Sat 13-Jul-19 15:48:44

There isn't one really. Vit B-Complex pills will help regain hair.
Mine has thinned with medication, but the alternative is a heart attack if I stop taking them. This is where vanity ends.

blondenana Sat 13-Jul-19 16:42:36

I know there are some which stop the testosterone converted to think its called DHT which causes hair loss, i will go back and search,as i know some were mentioned in earlier threads
Dr has given me steroid lotion which i know has been successful in some cases, but it seems to be getting worse not better, from what i can see through a mirror at the back

blondenana Sat 13-Jul-19 16:45:15

crazyH i have got some of those fibres but they ae no good unless there is some hair to stick to ans very drying when i have tried them
I am taking Biotin and every vitamin you could think of,also extra iron

harley74 Sat 27-Apr-24 11:12:51

I am using biotin shampoo for hair growth Its for Dandruff combines biotin and vitamins to keep hair silky and hydrated while improving elasticity.

pascal30 Sat 27-Apr-24 11:17:48

Faith in Nature is very natural and doesn't contain parabens so it will look after your hair. High dose fish oils may help with growth.

Franbern Sun 28-Apr-24 08:43:32

My goodness if there was a shampoo that helped prevent baldness, then the company that produced it would be the richest in the world.
Being very careful about shampoo with the remaining hair is a different story. for that I would use any baby shampoo

Jane43 Sun 28-Apr-24 08:56:29

I take a collagen supplement which I started taking to improve my skill and nails and my hairdresser recently remarked that my hair is getting thicker. I also use a shampoo and conditioner with collagen and biotin, in a purple bottle from Boots.

Primrose53 Sun 28-Apr-24 09:05:55

I was told by a top dermatologist that there is no shampoo on the market that can thicken hair. There are various fibres that you sprinkle in that will give the appearance of thicker hair and I also use some Aussie thickening conditioner after washing which does make it feel thicker.

I used to have really long, thick hair but I believe all the stress of her being ill, then passing away during covid caused my hair to thin. I had no bald patches, it was just thinner. I feel now it is thickening up by itself. I had all the tests and special anti dandruff shampoo on prescription (but I don’t have dandruff!!) but I think it was just a matter of time.

petra Sun 28-Apr-24 09:06:18

I went to see this lady, Eve Proudman.
www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/jul/23/the-trichologist-who-lost-her-hair-i-learned-it-isnt-about-how-you-look-its-about-how-you-feel

As someone said: if there was a shampoo to fix hair loss they would be extremely wealthy.