Gransnet forums

Health

Ask a Gran - Warts

(6 Posts)
Ilovecheese Wed 21-Aug-19 11:36:25

A chiropodist will often remove warts for you the same way they remove verrucas, it does hurt though.

wildswan16 Wed 21-Aug-19 09:15:33

Many people swear by the "duct tape" treatment.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/268LVV4GPq49nyWzgw94yR/how-should-i-get-rid-of-a-verruca-or-wart

Grandmama Tue 20-Aug-19 21:25:40

Thank you for this. Yes, I have been run down and had read about a virus so will try multi vitamin and look for a silver sixpence. And will contact the practice nurse.

Farmor15 Mon 19-Aug-19 22:31:50

Many GP surgeries will freeze warts using liquid nitrogen. That works much better than stuff bought from pharmacy. Usually done by nurse.

CaroDane Mon 19-Aug-19 22:26:11

Warts are caused by a virus that lives for years but can manifest as warts if you are run down. Try taking a multi vitamin, eat heathily, and try the old gypsy remedy of rubbing a REAL silver sixpence on them. Good luck !

Grandmama Mon 19-Aug-19 20:44:34

My local pharmacist diagnosed two quite small blister-like lumps on my ring finger as warts. I bought Salactol but after several weeks they have not cleared up. In fact they are bigger and are now quite firm raised circles. There is also a small hard white lump under my wedding ring on the palm side of my hand also diagnosed as a wart. I've never had warts before. Have any grans any advice?