Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Joce345 Fri 10-Jan-20 08:59:57

Morning all hope everyone has a calm peaceful day x

Doodle Thu 09-Jan-20 23:50:34

Right, off to bed for me. To try and sleep tonight. I can’t decide whether to try and go straight to sleep or listen to a story on my Calm app. I am still in the middle of the wood with Wind in the Willows ?
Sleep well all x

Joce345 Thu 09-Jan-20 21:19:28

eilyann hope you get good news, I had never heard of it before I was diagnosed with it..
Doodle enjoy your glass of wine, wish I could.... maybe in a few days...

Doodle Thu 09-Jan-20 18:56:14

Hi all. Back from the hairdressers. It was pouring with rain by the time I left but I managed to dodge it so not too bad.
So you were awake namsnanny. Sorry, I was hoping one of us would get some sleep.?
eilyann, hope your appointment goes well and you have good news. Nice to see you (!) again ?
joce hope you are ok and you too annie. I will pop back later. Right now I have a glass of ? to sip ?

eilyann Thu 09-Jan-20 18:37:48

Don't post often but always read. Good news Joce I have a bit of a vested interest as seeing Neurologist next week with symptoms of GBS. Hope for good outcome!
For all of you flowers TOYA

Joce345 Thu 09-Jan-20 18:08:20

Evening all how has everyone’s day been, hopefully good are as near as it get..

Namsnanny Thu 09-Jan-20 16:27:07

Sorry to hear (no pun intended, honestly!) About your tinnitus Doodle I dont suffer with it as a rule, but I can empathise a little as I have an inner ear prob that sometimes has a few minutes of whooshing and ringing which affects balance and hearing.

I'm sorry I missed your post as I was awake but trying to concentrate on my book to make me drowsy!

If you feel that comfortable sleepiness when you settle Into your chair today, post here to keep you awake! Hopefully then you might sleep better tonight?

Enjoy the visit to the hairdressers. ?

How are you today Anniebach? Weather wet and dark at the moment.
I've just filled 2 bin bags with rubbish, so I'm feeling a bit positive.
Time for coffee now.

Thank you everyone for your words of inspiration.
Be kind to yourselves flowers

Doodle Thu 09-Jan-20 13:19:14

Hello annie. Just having a quick GN catch-up before I go to have my hair cut. It’s lovely and bright here today. Let’s hope it lasts. Last time I went it poured and I came home looking like I’d been through a car wash! Going to treat myself to a Chelsea bun for after dinner tonight. I love them but only occasionally go to a shop that sells good ones. I hope they have one left ?. Will pop back in later to see how everyone else is. x

Anniebach Thu 09-Jan-20 13:12:08

Hi all x

Doodle Thu 09-Jan-20 02:36:25

Well as expected I am awake but with tinnitus. I sincerely hope you are sleeping namsnanny. It gets frustrating when you keep thinking go to sleep, go to sleep, so instead I’m looking at my iPad!

Namsnanny Wed 08-Jan-20 23:54:45

Doodle … that happens to me so often, if you don't sleep well post, I expect I'll be awake! moon[sun]

Doodle Wed 08-Jan-20 23:41:06

Well I was going to have an early night tonight but fell asleep in the chair instead. I bet I’ll go to bed now and stay awake.
Hope everyone is ok. Sleep well all.x

Joce345 Wed 08-Jan-20 18:30:07

Namsnanny names don’t matter. I totally agree with all you say...

Namsnanny Wed 08-Jan-20 18:24:43

Thanks once again Annibach

Joce345 … I've just noticed I made a mistake with your name - so sorry!
Same here (grateful for this thread)!

Doodle … lets agree that the illness (anxiety depression etc.,) makes us behave in strange ways.
Because I'm convinced we are as normal as the next person, if the burden of this 'Black dog' was taken from our shoulders!
That's why its easier to talk to people who have experiences similar to ours isn't it?
At least they (you here) have an understanding why our reactions are so …...out of step with others.

Joce345 Wed 08-Jan-20 18:06:54

Aww Annie don’t be sorry no not at all...
I agree with what Doodle says, she said it a lot better than I could.. I love talking to everyone on hear,
Annie you are our rock you have been there for us all. I really didn’t want to offend any one, I find it a lot easier to talk on hear, I am so grateful for my friends on hear x

Doodle Wed 08-Jan-20 16:47:17

I can understand too a bit. When people ask how my DGS is. It makes me confront my thoughts. For people who I know care (like annie and others on this thread) I am more likely to answer. For others I find I don’t really want to answer. I don’t want to say those sad or worrying words. I don’t want to have to explain my fears and worries to others. Putting it into words is too much. A bit like cherrytree was saying.
We are strange people aren’t we ?. Good job we have each other to talk to x

Anniebach Wed 08-Jan-20 16:31:39

I am so sorry Namsnanny and Joce x x

Joce345 Wed 08-Jan-20 16:13:44

Thank you all... you are all so kind to care, it lifts my heart to see so many good people caring about me..
Namsnanny it turns my stomach when someone ask me how I am, I don’t want that to sound ungrateful I don’t mean to be at all, it’s just how I am.. do you think that goes with the anxiety..I hope it passes for you soon Namsnanny..
hear is a big big hug from me to all of you, thank you again means so much it really does.. x

Namsnanny Wed 08-Jan-20 15:46:39

Afternoon Anniebach thanks for asking. Not in a good place tbh, but I'm luckier than some and Joce123 welcome post acted as a reminder, and prompted me to count my blessing!
You asking after me turned my stomach somewhat.
Thanks for bothering.?
And you, still struggling with the internet?

Doodle Wed 08-Jan-20 15:13:24

So pleased for you joce ?

Anniebach Wed 08-Jan-20 14:46:28

How are you Namsnanny ?

Namsnanny Wed 08-Jan-20 14:28:06

What a relief for you joyce smile I'm so pleased for you♡

Anniebach Wed 08-Jan-20 14:02:56

Hi all x

Joyce I knew all would be well, you have fought back, you walked with difficulty but it was worth it , so happy for you.

You certainly deserve a ? and hugs from all here x

Joce345 Wed 08-Jan-20 11:50:59

Hi all just thought I would let you know, I have been to see the neurologist and she was pleased with me. She has discharged me yeeeessssss I am so pleased. It was a mild form of GBS I have been so lucky, I am counting my blessings thank the Lord... hope everyone has a good day. X

Namsnanny Tue 07-Jan-20 23:46:26

Cherrytree59 … Have you considered writing just a few headings down for the counsellor?

Then destroying the piece of paper afterwards?

I hope this suggestion doesn't worry or upset you at all. You must do what you feel is best for you.
What ever happens, I'm sure the counsellor will be considerate of your emotions.

Good night Anniebach Joce345 and Doodle and every one on this thread. flowers

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion