Gransnet forums

Health

Your Health.

(2 Posts)
beautybumble Thu 22-Aug-19 11:56:04

I've seen discussions on here with many people having various medical problems like psoriasis for example. I would ask anyone suffering with any long term conditions to look very closely at their diets. I suffered for years with fatigue and being overweight, also joint pain and headaches. Then I started looking into how our food choices can cause most of these. A year ago I decided to read about a plant based diet, so I then began my vegan diet with a good deal of it being raw fruit and veg. The improvements I've made in my health have been amazing. I know a lot of people would say a vegan diet would be boring and that's up to you, but I feel great and younger and the dishes I create are very tasty and I never feel tired after a meal. Just thought I'd put that out there as many people don't realize the damage their diets can do to their health. I can recommend books and dvd's if you're interested, just pm me. What have you got to lose? I'm just a 69 year old retired lady who used to be a carer. I'm not a food expert, just know from my own wonderful experience. Good luck.

Labaik Thu 22-Aug-19 12:04:39

I have a book called Dr Ali's Nutrition Bible that I use a lot. It mainly tells you what food to avoid for certain conditions. It's certainly helped me over the years.