Gransnet forums

Health

Refractive lens replacement surgery

(2 Posts)
paddyann Tue 01-Oct-19 18:46:52

Anyone on here who has had this lens repalcement surgery done? Are you happy with the result? Would you recommend it? My OH had a consultation yesterday and he is quite enthused about it but I just want to make sure he's doing the right thing.His eyesight is vital in his work life and anything that would make it worse would be a huge problem for him.As it is he struggles with specs and is willing to try this .I'd just like some honest (not people from the clinic) reports on it .Thanks

Thomas67 Sat 23-Nov-19 20:38:39

My 85 old father had cataracts. The wait on the NHS was long. We paid to go to a well known clinic . Dad had mild dementia, I felt he would get more attention in the private hospital . Anyway the op was done and we were told it had not worked because of macular degeneration. We felt totally ripped off because it had not been diagnosed before the op.
Obviously this is just one case but I felt it had just been done for the money . My point is make sure your doctor doesn’t just want to operate on you for their own benefit financially